Bratz Doll Inspired Make-Up Looks | AD*

A big trend that seems to have quickly populated over on Instagram and YouTube is the ‘Bratz Doll Make-Up Challenge.’ If you don’t know what Bratz dolls are, first of all you definitely can’t have been a kid in the noughties. Bratz dolls were basically the bigger headed, wide eyed version of Barbie and although I loved both, I definitely preferred the quirky fashion styles of Bratz dolls. I have seen some of the craziest transformations over on social media; people have really gone all out by creating optical illusions using make-up to give themselves the same huge eyes as the dolls. Tana Mongeau even uploaded a YouTube video where they copied entire outfits of two Bratz dolls (it’s also a hilarious video, go and check it out afterwards).

Although I’m not quite as talented as some people are and can’t completely transform myself to look exactly like the dolls I know and love, I have taken a couple of images from two of my favourite Bratz looks to use as inspiration for my own make-up looks. I have to say, I really enjoyed being a little more adventurous and ‘extra’ with my looks.

Both of the looks I chose are different looks from Jade, one of the main Bratz characters. She’s always been my favourite style-wise and I feel like I look more similar to her than the other dolls. Plus, she’s had some really cool make-up looks that I really wanted to recreate – the first one featuring this awesome purple lip.

Bratz Doll Jade | Look One

I was very kindly sent some Eye Candy Lashes* by falseeyelashes.co.uk to try out so I decided to include them in these looks. For this look, I’m wearing Style 014 and they’re perfect for adding extra natural-looking length to your lashes without being too much. The band is really thin so they blend in really easily with your natural lash line, this also means that they’re super lightweight and comfortable so they’d be great for everyday use. I would say that the 014 lashes are more for added length than thickness as they needed a couple of layers of mascara over the top to look more voluminous. I definitely want to purchase more lashes from Eye Candy as I think the quality is really great, especially for such reasonable prices. There are also other fake eyelash brands available on fakeeyelashes.co.uk such as Ardell, KISS and House of Lashes – they’re a great go-to for all of your fluttery lash needs.

Other products used:
LMX Little Mix Eyeconic Luxe Eye Palette
Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Snapscara Mascara in Very Black
Revolution Pro Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Foundation in C1
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in C1
Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder in Translucent
MUA Bronzed Perfection Matte in Sunset Tan
NYX Love You So Mochi Highlighting Palette
Kiko Milano Smart Lipstick in Peony Purple

Bratz Doll Jade | Look Two

The second pair of Eye Candy Lashes* I was sent were Style 209 and have quickly become my new favourite pair of fake eyelashes. They’re super easy to put on; as I said with the last pair, Eye Candy eyelashes have very thin bands which makes it much easier to glue them on and blends in much easier with your natural lash line. Although these lashes are very thick and lengthy, they’re still really lightweight and comfortable which is the thing I deem to be most important in a pair of lashes. They make me feel so fluttery and really boost my confidence, I’m definitely going to be wearing these to death.

Other products used:
Morphe 35O2 Second Nature Artistry Palette
Academy of Colour Nudes Liquid Eyeliner
Academy of Colour Nudes Kohl Pencil Eyeliner
Maybelline Snapscara Mascara in Very Black
Revolution Pro Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation in Classic Ivory
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in C1
Benefit High Beam Pink Liquid Highlighter
Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder in Translucent
MUA Bronzed Perfection Matte in Sunset Tan
Makeup Revolution Highlight Palette
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107

What brand of lashes are your favourite?

Products with * next to them were gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. You can read my full disclaimer here.

1. February 22, 2019 / 1:29 pm

Loved these looks! So cute! I also love the lashes but I can never seem to apply them right so Iโ€™ve never wore them, they always just fall off or wonโ€™t bend quite right and then I end up trimming them too short but oh well! They look great on you!
    -Kyra || lovekyra.000webhostapp.com

• February 22, 2019 / 2:13 pm

It’s taken me so much practice and watching tutorials to try and get it right, sometimes it still takes me absolutely ages to get them on haha. Thank you so much! x

2. February 22, 2019 / 8:41 pm

Love the looks, hadn’t heard of the challenge but will definitely check it out. Those lashes look brilliant, I love the look they help create. Your make up is on point and looks fantastic x

• February 22, 2019 / 8:43 pm

You definitely should, there’s some really incredible looks that people have created! Thank you so much Stacey, that’s so lovely of you ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

3. Everything Eden
    February 22, 2019 / 8:47 pm

Love this post so much. You are so talented and super gorgeous! Xx

• February 27, 2019 / 9:58 am

Thank you so much! It means a lot when people compliment my make-up as I’ve really been trying to up my skills xx

4. February 22, 2019 / 10:08 pm

This is so cute. I’ve seen this challenge everywhere lately and I’m loving it. I was obsessed with Bratz dolls when I was younger so I’m living for this adult recreation. The looks are great, I think the last one is my favourite! x

Sophie

• February 27, 2019 / 10:00 am

It’s such a fun challenge, I’m hoping loads more creative challenges pop up throughout the year as I love jumping on board with them. Thanks Soph! x

5. February 22, 2019 / 10:23 pm

I love both these looks! Jade was my favourite bratz doll when I was younger, she had the best style! The lashes look so good too!

• February 27, 2019 / 10:01 am

Snap! Jade is the best, I’d wear her style constantly if I was brave and cool enough haha. Thank you, I love the lashes so much and I’m definitely going to be getting more x

6. February 22, 2019 / 10:31 pm

Some of the makeup looks have kinda scared me with this challenge but yours is so cute and something you can wear on a night out. Really love the hair!

• February 27, 2019 / 10:06 am

I can definitely agree with you there, some are borderline creepy haha. I’ve tried to make mine wearable so that people can take inspo if they want to! Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ x

7. February 23, 2019 / 9:44 am

You look bloody gorgeous Al!! I love these Bratz doll inspired posts – partly because a girl at school always used to say I looked like one (although I didnโ€™t take it as a compliment then because they have big heads ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚). My favourite look is the second one with the red lip – beautiful! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

• February 27, 2019 / 10:08 am

Aww Gab thank you!! It was so fun to do, you should definitely do a Bratz fashion post or something. Haha I’m sure she meant it in a nice way, probably because you’re just so cool and fashionable! xx

• February 28, 2019 / 5:31 pm

I definitely wasnโ€™t back then ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and yeah Iโ€™m sure she meant well bless her! Xx

8. February 24, 2019 / 12:54 am

I used to be obsessed with Bratz! I remember when they first came out and all my friends were jealous haha. I pretty much wear those shades and a sharp winged liner every day so I’m loving these looks. I’m looking for a new warm toned/berry palette x

• February 27, 2019 / 10:11 am

They were the best! Good choice, if I felt like making an effort then I’d definitely wear that make-up look more often as I felt quite confident in it. Ooh that sound lovely, you should check out Morphe to see if they have anything like that – I’m pretty sure they do but I just can’t think of the name of it off the top of my head. I keep trying to venture out to cool tones but I always come back to warm! x

• February 27, 2019 / 10:36 am

Me too, they were the coolest! Some of the challenges are so funny, especially Tana’s one that I linked at the start. Thanks Jenny! xx

9. February 24, 2019 / 12:04 pm

Aaah you are so GORGEOUS. I absolutely adore both of these looks and when I showed Jake a picture he went ‘wow, I didn’t know Al was so good at makeup!!’ hehe. The lashes look fabulous on and there’s nothing I love more than a thin bad as I always feel like thick ones are so much harder to stick on. I really love the purple lip in the first one, it suits your skin tone incredibly well but I think the second has to be my favourite. The bunchies suit you so much and you look bloody adorable with them. You should DEFINITELY wear this look more often. I always love your make up posts, you’re so talented and your face is the best xo

• February 27, 2019 / 10:39 am

Hehe thank you Al, you’re the best ๐Ÿ™‚ Aww bless him, did he really say that?! That’s made my day haha. Yeah I can’t cope with thick bands, I don’t think I’d even try applying them if they were too thick as I know how badly it would end. I was surprised how lightweight the second lashes were considering how big and fluffy they are, they were SO easy to apply. I wish I was brave enough to wear the purple lipstick out! Aww thank you, I haven’t done space buns in absolutely ages! They might have to make a comeback. Thank you so much, LOVE YOU xx

10. February 25, 2019 / 4:26 pm

You’re so pretty! I love your looks, Jade was my favourite too. I’m so rubbish at makeup and hair styles aha

• February 27, 2019 / 10:36 am

Aww thank you so much, that’s really kind! I bet you’re not ๐Ÿ™‚ x

11. March 1, 2019 / 9:09 pm

I wasn’t really into Barbie but I absolutely loved everything about Bratz, especially when it came to changing their feet/shoes! Your makeup look is super pretty and I marvel at how neat your eyeliner is!

• March 12, 2019 / 2:40 pm

Thank you so much Lizzie! That’s so lovely of you xx