A Slice of Christmas with bakerdays | AD*

The one thing that I really wish I was good at is baking. I’m not absolutely awful, I can make something edible but I’d love to be able to make incredible cakes that everyone falls in love with. I actually used to watch a YouTuber called Rosanna Pansino for years who used to do a series called Nerdy Nummies. Her baking was always video game themed and she always looked so perfectly put together – I just end up sweaty, red in the face and covered in flour. I’ve always thought baking would be an especially useful skill around peoples’ birthdays and other celebrations as it means you can get creative with your gifts. Plus, who doesn’t love receiving cake? By the way, carrot cake is my favourite if you’re offering.

This is where bakerdays come in; they do cakes, cupcakes and balloons all personalised with whatever print you’d like on them! They have absolutely loads of different amazing designs to choose from, or you can create your very own one. It’s completely customisable, they have different sizes depending on how many people are sharing the cake (or if you just want to eat a huge one on your own, nobody’s judging). You can also choose what flavour sponge you’d like on the inside; there’s vanilla, red velvet, chocolate chip, fruit, marble effect and lemon drizzle as well as gluten, wheat and dairy free options. I love that they include something for everyone as it means nobody has to miss out on cake.

I decided to go for a festive Christmas themed cake seeing as that time of year is getting scarily close – has anyone else still not done their Christmas shopping or is it just me? I went for one of bakerdays’ pre-made designs as I just fell in love with it when I saw it. I chose their seasonal wreath design which is a gold and pink wreath printed onto white icing. Pink is one of my favourite colours – Elle Woods is one of my idols so it’s to be expected, really. There’s also the option to personalise the message on the cake if you wanted to; I left mine as the standard design but bakerdays added the message ‘with love from us all at bakerdays xx’ which I thought was a really sweet (no pun intended) touch. If a Christmas style cake has peaked your interest, they have pages upon pages of other festive designs to choose from.

Moving away from the aesthetically pleasing design, I was honestly a little bit sceptical as to whether the cake would actually taste any good. I’ve never ordered cakes for delivery through the post before so I was a bit concerned that it might get squashed or battered. I was sent the letterbox sized cake which is exactly how it sounds, it’s thin enough to be able to get through your letterbox so you don’t need to be in to receive the parcel. This is a great idea but I was scared that one of my housemates might accidentally step on it whilst walking though the front door or that it might break dropping down onto the floor. The cake was enclosed in a really lovely cake tin as well as being surrounded by multiple layers of thick cardboard so I’m really happy to say that there was absolutely no damage to it whatsoever.

Upon my first taste of the cake, I went for lemon drizzle and it was honestly love at first bite. My cake was delivered whilst I was away from my house for a couple of days so I was worried that it wouldn’t have maintained its freshness but it was absolutely perfect. I hate the word moist as much as most people do but that’s the best way I can describe the spot-on texture of the sponge. The bursts of lemon flavouring were perfect balance between sweet and sour, I honestly couldn’t fault it. Unfortunately, the lemon drizzle flavour is seasonal only so I encourage you to try it whilst you can!

Have you ever tried a cake from bakerdays?

I was gifted the reviewed item by bakerdays, however all opinions are unbiased.

1. Kim
    December 8, 2018 / 12:16 am

This looks delicious! I’ve heard so much about Bakerdays but have yet to try them. I might have to snap up their Darth Vader themed Christmas cake though.

• December 10, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! Definitely a perfect gift for any Star Wars fan x

2. December 8, 2018 / 11:51 pm

I’m exactly the same when it comes to baking, I’m the absolute worst and not ashamed to admit it 😂 it was always a running joke on my old team that I never baked anything to bring in for the team on my birthday and when I did, nobody asked me to do it again 😂😂
    I love the sound of Bakerdays though, perfect idea for all occasions! I also love lemon drizzle so I might need to place an order before Christmas! ❤️❤️

• December 10, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Honestly we’ve got a bake-off competition at work soon and I really want to participate but I might have to go with one of those pre-made boxes that you add water to lmao. Lemon drizzle tastes so good honestly, you have to treat yourself! x

• December 10, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Isn’t it so cool?! I think it’s such a clever idea. It looked and tasted amazing x

3. December 10, 2018 / 6:48 pm

This cake sounds amazing! Lemon drizzle is such a nice flavour and the bright and festive decoration looks fantastic! I’m always so impressed when I read about Bakerdays, a cake through the letterbox sounds like the dream! I am so glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your great review <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• December 10, 2018 / 8:40 pm

It tasted so good, I just want to eat it all over again! You definitely need to try one of their cakes out, I couldn’t recommend them more. Thank you for your lovely comment! xx

4. December 10, 2018 / 7:25 pm

I love the design! I love lemon drizzle so of course I love the sound of your cake. My brother in law orders my niece’s birthday cake from Bakerdays every year but I’m vegan so I haven’t tried any of them. I am going to see if they have any vegan options. Thanks for sharing!

Bee | makeeatrepeat.co.uk

• December 10, 2018 / 8:42 pm

Lemon drizzle is the best! I know they do gluten, wheat and dairy free cakes but I’m not 110% sure on completely vegan – definitely double check with them though as fingers crossed they can cater to you x

5. Lainy
    December 11, 2018 / 5:52 pm

This looks so great! It would make sure a lovely gift! Who doesn’t love cake? 😍

• December 13, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Right?! I’m pretty picky with cakes I like but nonetheless, cake is wonderful x

6. December 16, 2018 / 5:19 am

Baking is fun! We’re always learning new tricks and the thing about baking is that you need to get the measurements precisely. I mean I find fun in that in general. I always love seeing the specialized cakes that bakeries can whip up. I LOVE how your cake turned out. It’s very festive and looks delicious. Glad you enjoyed it!!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

• December 16, 2018 / 10:59 am

It is definitely super fun! It’s amazing what some people can produce. Thank you! It tasted amazing x

7. charlotteannelane103
    December 19, 2018 / 5:19 pm

I’ve tried Bakerdays before and loved them! I was so surprised that the cake stayed in tact too, considering it had been dropped on the floor through the letterbox! I love their designs and all of the flavours sound amazing – I think I had chocolate chip and it was amazing xo

• December 21, 2018 / 11:50 am

I know, I honestly didn’t expect it to still be absolutely perfect after no doubt being thrown around in the sorting office etc. Chocolate chip sounds yum, I need to try it x

8. December 31, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Oh main I LOOOVE lemon drizzle!! To be honest I actually just love all cake really. I absolutely adored Bakerdays letterbox cake when I’ve tried them, I’ve tried the gluten-free and chocolate chip ones and both were bloody delicious. I’ve never seen the red velvet option before either so they must’ve added that recently!? I NEED to try some as red velvet is to bloody die for. Love how adorable these pictures are too Al, so festive and cute 💕 Bring on more cake reviews in 2019 xo

• December 31, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I definitely need to try more of their flavours. I’m hoping red velvet isn’t one of their seasonal only flavours because some of them are! Thank you Al, I’m glad you like them. I’m always down for a cake review xx