Revolution x Soph Extra Spice Palette: Review & Looks

Makeup Revolution have been absolutely killing the game for a while now, particularly with their eyeshadow palettes. The lovely Soph (known as sophdoesnails), a popular British YouTuber collaborated with Makeup Revolution last year and released the most gorgeous eyeshadow palette as well as a highlighting palette. This year, she has collaborated with them for a second time and has created some lipsticks along with a second eyeshadow palette. Admittedly, I didn’t actually try Soph’s first eyeshadow palette so I don’t have it to compare the newer one to but I’ve absolutely fallen in love with ‘Extra Spice.’

To me, this palette is the perfect accompaniment during Summer as it’s full of warm, bright tones. There are a couple of cool tones thrown into the mix as well which I think is the main thing that drew me towards the palette as it’s just so versatile. There’s plenty of mattes in various light and dark shades to work through the crease as well as a few different metallic, shimmery colours that are perfect for applying all over the lid to give a bold pop of colour. My two personal favourite shades are ‘Romance’ and ‘Infinity’ as I’m such a sucker for vibrant metallic eyeshadows lately. With the shimmery shades, I would recommend wetting a flat headed make-up brush with some setting spray and then dipping into the colour as it helps it to really stand out just that little bit more.

There’s really nothing I can fault about this palette; there’s a wide range of colours to be able to create many different looks, every single shadow is incredibly easy to blend and there’s hardly any fallout either which means minimum clean-up afterwards. The colours are really buildable so you can apply it with a lighter hand for a more subtle look or layer it up to make it vibrant. I know I said this is such a Summer palette but I’m also dreaming of wearing the shade ‘Aurora’ on my lids every day during Autumn. Plus, the palette has a huge mirror without making it too bulky so it’s really easy to travel with.

I’m gradually becoming more and more impressed with the quality of Makeup Revolution. This palette only cost me £10 in Superdrug which I think is an incredible bargain considering the quality you’re getting is up there with the higher priced brands. I’m definitely going to be trying out more Makeup Revolution products in the future if they’re as consistently great as this.

Here are two looks I created using ‘Extra Spice.’

Rockin’ Rosé

Shades used: Cookie Dough, Cheesecake, Romance and Infinity

Vampy Vibes

Shades used: Cookie Dough, Lakes, Reputation, Aurora and Infinity

Products used for these looks:

Have you ever tried any Makeup Revolution products?

1. August 22, 2018 / 2:02 pm

These colors are exactly up my alley, fall tones are my favorite! How funny that my name is Alice too! Great post and stunning makeup x

• August 22, 2018 / 7:53 pm

I’m completely with you there! Autumn is just the best for everything. Yay, name twin. Thanks lovely x

2. meganrosel
    August 22, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Alice you have a gift! You’re so bloody good at eyeshadow. I wish i could recreate these looks, so beautiful xx

• August 22, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Thank you so much, that’s made my day! So lovely of you to say xx

3. August 22, 2018 / 9:39 pm

I’m loving these looks and love how versatile this palette is! You’re a bloody stunner and I envy how you can apply eyeshadow like it’s no big deal! Great post with some beautiful pictures as always lovely! ❤️❤️

• August 28, 2018 / 10:54 am

Awww Gab, thank you so much! You’ve made my day 🙂 xx

4. August 23, 2018 / 4:36 am

Nice!!! Love the colors in this palette, so perfect for fall! Thanks for sharing!

• August 28, 2018 / 10:58 am

Thank you for reading and commenting! It’s a gorgeous palette 🙂 x

5. Joanna Malefaki
    August 23, 2018 / 11:46 am

The looks look really nice. I have her highlighter palette and really like it!

• August 28, 2018 / 10:54 am

Ahh I’m so tempted to get it, it looks gorgeous! x

6. August 26, 2018 / 10:50 am

First of all, you have a good camera to be able to catch makeup like that, I can never do that 🙁
    secondly, I really like both looks, but second one is slightly better to me, suits you better in my opinion 🙂

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• August 28, 2018 / 10:51 am

Ahh I do love my camera! Thanks so much, I think I prefer the second one myself, I love a vampy look x

7. jazziepickles
    August 27, 2018 / 4:02 pm

I got this palette recently and love it (maybe more than the first palette) She’s done such a good job with the shades and there’s a little something for everyone!

• August 28, 2018 / 10:49 am

I haven’t actually tried her first palette but I admittedly do prefer the look of this one a lot better, the colours are much more suited to me 🙂 Plus the quality is just incredible x

8. charlotteannelane103
    September 6, 2018 / 11:22 am

Both of these looks are so stunning Alice! This palette is gorgeous too. I’ve never tried an eyeshadow palette from MR before, so maybe I should xo

• September 10, 2018 / 8:26 pm

Thanks so much Char! It’s my favourite palette at the moment, I’m so in love with it. You definitely need to try out their palettes, they’re amazing! x