Morphe 35O2 Second Nature Palette: Review, Swatches & Looks

Let me just express straight off the bat that Morphe are easily at the top of my list when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. Not only is the pigmentation always absolutely incredible, but they’re also super affordable and full of endless possibilities for different make-up looks. One of the first blog posts I ever wrote was actually a review of the extremely popular Morphe 35O palette, one of my all-time favourite beauty products. Ever since owning this palette, I’ve been longing to own more of their products as the quality is so impressive, especially for the affordable price tag. 35 amazing quality eyeshadows for roughly £20? You really cannot complain. When I bought my Morphe 35O palette, unfortunately they were only available to be shipped from the USA so there were additional costs of shipping and customs. However, Morphe have since launched a UK website which means they’re much more accessible now! Towards the end of last year, Morphe released a few new palettes that I completely fell in love with just from the photos that they released on social media. I couldn’t justify buying myself one at the time because I was putting my money aside to buy Christmas presents as well as trying to save for a Japan trip. However, my boyfriend very kindly bought me the Morphe 35O2 palette for Christmas – you can imagine how happy I was to open that! I’ve been so excited to do a post all about this palette so that I can give you my thoughts on it, show you some swatches and demonstrate some of my favourite looks to create with it.

Swatches

As you can see straight away, the pigment and quality of these eyeshadows are pretty incredible. They’re all super easy to blend, creamy and the range of shades available make this palette incredibly versatile. I’ve ended up reaching for this palette even more than my original Morphe 35O as I’m loving how the colours range from extremely bright oranges and reds to the deepest browns – it goes even brighter as well as even darker than the original 35O. I feel like the shimmery shades are even more pigmented and foil-like as well, with the 35O I’d have to wet my brush to get a really stand-out colour but these shimmers seem to just pop all on their own without needing to wet my brush.

It’s definitely worth mentioning that Morphe seem to have took a step up with their packaging lately; the cases just used to be plain black plastic but it now has the brand name in white on the lid. It’s a simple little addition but I think it really adds a classy little touch. The only thing that is still missing is a mirror which would be perfect if you’re wanting to travel with it, but personally I don’t feel like I need one. I don’t tend to travel with my 35 colour palettes anyway as they’re quite bulky and I’d rather carry on paying the affordable price than the price increase with the inclusion of a mirror. What I love most is that they’ve started naming their shades with the addition of a plastic overlay that matches up with each shade. This is so much more useful because when I’m creating looks for my blog or Instagram, it means I can name which shades I’ve used and makes it so much easier for people to recreate the looks themselves. Speaking of which, I’ve created a couple of make-up looks to give you some inspiration for how to use this palette as it’s so versatile!

Date Night

Shades used: Orb, Chestnut, Brave, So Warm, Brunette and Whiz

Summer Evening

Shades used: Orb, Terracotta, Rich, So Warm, Brunette, Pure and Zodiac

Let me know what you think of the Morphe 35O2 in the comments below, I’d love to know if this palette is something that catches your eye. Which of the two looks I’ve created are your favourite?

1. April 15, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Gorgeous swatches, the shades are stunning 😍

• April 30, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Thank you! I thought I’d get a bit fancy and try out some swatch stencils, haha x

• April 30, 2018 / 10:31 pm

Thank you so much, I’m so glad you like the looks! x

2. April 16, 2018 / 11:08 pm

That summer evening look is so gorgeous! I currently have the 35O and I reach for it all the time, do you think it’s worth getting this one or is it too similar? I wanna get some more Morphe palettes as they are super affordable x

Lily | The Wellbeing Edit

• April 30, 2018 / 10:32 pm

I have the 35O as well and I’d definitely recommend getting the 35O2, they do have their similarities but this one has a lot more vibrant colours as well as darker colours which I love! I feel like this one is a bit more versatile and out there x

3. April 17, 2018 / 2:14 pm

I’m still yet to try anything from Morphe which breaks my heart a little because I adore this palette and all the looks you’ve created as well – they’re all screaming my name.. 😩😍 Especially love your date night look, definite favourite there!

• April 30, 2018 / 10:33 pm

Ooh girl, if there’s any brand I recommend treating yourself to, it’s got to be a Morphe palette! They’re just stunning. Thanks so much! x

4. April 18, 2018 / 3:09 pm

First off – you’re GORGEOUS, as if I don’t tell you in every comment I leave on your blog, it’s probably starting to get a bit weird now… Secondly, I BLOODY LOVE THESE LOOKS. You always kill it with your makeup posts and both of them suit you and your skin tone so much! I’m such a sucker for Morphe palettes, they’re my absolute favourites and I don’t know how I’d cope without them now! Best brand for eyeshadow palettes by a mile.

• April 30, 2018 / 10:34 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH, you’re the absolute best and always make my day with your comments. I totally agree, they’re by far my favourite brand for eyeshadow palettes – the pigment, quality and value for money are pretty unbeatable x

5. April 25, 2018 / 7:48 pm

This is a beautiful warm palette, it’s perfect for summer

• April 30, 2018 / 10:34 pm

I totally agree! The bright oranges will make a fab sunset eye x

6. ashton
    April 30, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Wow you have done some amazing looks with this palette

7. May 2, 2018 / 4:34 pm

This palette is beautiful and soo up my street! I really need to get my hands on at least one of the 35O palette’s, the shades just speak to me! Your swatches are beaut and both of the makeup looks are gorgeous 🙂 xo

• May 7, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Definitely treat yourself! They’re a bargain for what they are as well. Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the post x

8. May 2, 2018 / 5:38 pm

I really need to get one of these palettes – the girl that did my wedding makeup trial used them on me and they were bloody amazing! Love all of these warm shades and the looks you created are beautiful! So good that they’re reasonably priced too, I might pick one up on my next pay day! Great post as always Alice – I always want to buy what you show 😂❤️❤️

• May 7, 2018 / 3:26 pm

They’re really great palettes and there’s so many to choose from! Aww thank you so much, I’m glad you like the looks. Treat yourself girl, haha x

May 14, 2018 / 12:17 am

This palette looks so nice! I have 3 Morphe palettes and I love them all. I have so many warm palettes already though so I’m not sure if I’d end up using this that much… It’s definitely on my wishlist anyway!
    I love both of the looks you’ve created! Personally I don’t really wear dark shades on my eyes so I’d go for the “Summer Evening” look 🙂 x

Anu | Based On blog

• May 19, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Oh wow! I definitely want to get more as both of mine are warm-toned. Thanks so much, I’m glad you like the looks! x