Simple Hairstyles for Lazy Girls

If you’re anything like me, you’re way too lazy when it comes to doing your hair. For some reason I can happily spend hours and hours doing my make-up to perfection but I absolutely hate doing my hair. It just feels like a chore to me and I’ve never felt like I’m any good at making it look nice. Over the years of me being extremely lazy with my hair, I’ve come up with some really simple hairstyles that require minimal effort because who can be bothered to invest real time in their hair? No thanks. I am by no means claiming to know anything about styling hair whatsoever, these are just styles I’ve taught myself that I wanted to share to hopefully save a lot of people precious time.

The Ten Second Bun

This is by far the easiest, quickest hairstyle of the bunch. It literally takes me seconds to do and understandably, it’s my go-to when I really haven’t got time nor patience for my hair. All I do is scoop all of my hair up, twist it and then form it into a bun shape on the top of my head. I secure this with a big claw clip, mine is just a plain brown one that cost me a few quid from Superdrug but you can find ones with cute patterns as well from shops such as Primark. I like to have mine quite high up but you can alter this to whatever feels most comfortable and looks the best for your face shape. I also like to pull on my hair a little to make the bun looser and pull out a few loose bits to frame my face. It’s totally down to personal taste whether you prefer a messier bun or a more slicked back look.

The Half Up, Half Down Bun

This hairstyle is perfect when I want my hair down but also don’t want it in my face. Just section the top half of your hair and pull it up into a ponytail, then twist the hair into a bun shape and secure it with a bobble. As with the ten-second bun, I like to tug on it to make it bigger and slightly messier. I use bobby pins to secure the bun onto the top of my head, otherwise it just flops around and falls out. What you choose to do with the hair that’s down is totally down to preference; I’ve tried this hairstyle with curled hair, straight hair and natural waves so it’s completely down to what you’re feeling.

Dutch Braids

I like to think that Dutch braids are kind of a signature hairstyle for me; people always ask me how I do them and tell me how “cute” I look. They probably don’t help the fact that I already get told I look much younger than I am (I’m barely five foot and I have huge chubby cheeks), but I rock them anyway. This hairstyle is probably the trickiest of the lot if you’re not trained up in doing braids. The first thing I do is split my hair down the middle into two pigtails, securing one out of the way. Starting at the top/front of your head, split your hair into three sections. Cross the left section underneath the center section, then the piece that is now on the right underneath the now center piece. Then you need to repeat the left under center, right under center pattern whilst adding on hair to each side. Work all the way down your head until you’ve picked up all of the hair and then braid it to the end, securing it all with a bobble. Then you just do the exact same process with the other pigtail. If you’d prefer French braids, the process is extremely similar except you cross over rather than under. Below shows the difference between the end results; the French braid is the left one and the Dutch braid is the right one.

Overnight Heatless Waves

This has got to be my personal favourite of the bunch because it’s super easy yet looks like you’ve spent ages styling your hair. I like to wash my hair of an evening, towel dry it and then after it has dried a little, do Dutch braids just as I explained in the previous hairstyle. I go to sleep in my braids and then take them out in the morning, leaving my hair with natural waves without using any heart whatsoever. I don’t have to do anything else except perhaps run my fingers through my hair a little. I would strongly suggest not brushing your hair as it can make it go pretty wild. You can change things up a little by doing one big braid for looser waves or lots of little braids for tighter, more defined waves. I especially love to do this look in the Summer because I hate to use any heat on my hair when it’s already hot enough. This is also a really kind thing to do for your hair if you tend to use a lot of hot styling products as it gives your hair a break from all the damage.

What hairstyle is your favourite, and do you have any of your own quick hairstyles? Share them below!

1. Ashton
    March 20, 2018 / 11:54 am

I am so bad at doing my own hair I always look like I’ve just been in bed. Thanks for the great post

March 20, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I love this post! I am so bad at doing my hair I usually just throw it up in a ponytail. I do love Dutch braids as well, they look so cute and with practice they definitely get easier to do.

• March 20, 2018 / 3:13 pm

I’m honestly the same, it’s such a chore in my eyes! Yeah, practice makes perfect x

3. March 21, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Here I am thinking you can’t get more cute and then you take these pictures. How are you so naturally beautiful!? To look anywhere NEAR this appealing I’d have to wear every makeup product under the sun and get my dog in the photo to ramp up the appeal. But anyway, enough about your gorge face… These hairstyles are super duper cute, I think I’m still even too lazy to do half of these hahaha, the bun is definitely my thing though! The dutch braids have to be my favourite but I think I have too much of a chub face to pull them off although I’ve thought about trying to get Jake to learn how to do them…

• March 21, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Your comments make me so happy, you’re the kindest ever. Thank you so so much! Haha, I ought to teach Jesse to save my aching arms xx

4. March 21, 2018 / 6:00 pm

I literally do every single one of these styles (I just French plait instead of Dutch braid – cannot seem to get my head around it lol) on the regular and always get compliments on my hair! Great post lovely! ❤️

• March 27, 2018 / 9:47 pm

I’m the opposite! I struggle more with French braids because I’ve been doing Dutch ones for so long. Thanks so much! x

5. jazziepickles
    March 25, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Love a half up half down bun, my hair’s so long that if I squint in the mirror long enough, I can pretend I’m Ariana Grande with that style

• March 27, 2018 / 9:45 pm

It’s such a go-to for me! Haha maybe that’s what I love about it, definitely gives off Ariana vibes x

6. March 26, 2018 / 2:15 pm

Ah your hair is amazing and I LOVE all of these hairstyles! The half up half down bun is one of my faves, but I find it soo hard to put my hair in a bun?! I swear I’m so incapable a lot of the time, I also can’t plait to save my life.. xo

• March 27, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Thank you so much! Everything just takes practice, I totally get what you mean as I always used to get so frustrated seeing people with these perfect looking buns and not being able to replicate it myself. Just have to keep giving it a go x

7. March 26, 2018 / 3:35 pm

I wish my ‘overnight heatless waves’ looked as gorgeous as yours – mine are less waves, more disgusting birds nest that looks like it hasn’t been brushed for a million years.. 😂 I straighten my hair almost every day, but I’ve started curling it recently, even though that takes so long because it’s so thick! Nothing is easy with thick, long hair.. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• March 27, 2018 / 9:42 pm

Your hair is gorgeous, don’t be silly! My tip is to do regular hair masks because otherwise my hair looks so dry and frizzy, I couldn’t survive without them haha. I can imagine, I’ve got way too much hair – partly why I hate doing anything with it! x

8. March 30, 2018 / 10:09 pm

I wish I could do dutch braids. With my short hair it seems impossible, but also when i had longer hair I struggled so much. I always just end up curling a couple pieces and going with the messy wavy look aha x

Lily | The Wellbeing Edit