A Few of My Favourite Things: February 2018

I can’t quite believe it’s almost the end of February already, I don’t know why but it just seems to have flown by. I’ve been really eager to do my favourites for this month as I’ve really wanted to show you all some fab things I’ve discovered. I actually struggled to think of what favourites I currently have to begin with but once I started, the list became so long that I had to cut it down! February has been a bit of a stressful one, we’ve just moved over to a bigger office at work so there’s been a lot of jobs to get done in preparation. Hopefully it will be worth it when we’re all settled in though! On the bright side, it was my birthday on the 11th and even better, Pancake Day. I’d have added pancakes to my favourites but I think they just go without saying really. Here’s what did make the cut.

Absolutely everyone has been talking about this Makeup Revolution concealer, it’s basically a great dupe for Tarte’s Shape Tape except it only costs £4 which is such an amazing price. I’ve really been loving this concealer and I’ve already used a whole tube up so I need to get my hands on another one. It covers my dark circles, blends out super easily and doesn’t budge all day – plus the packaging is gorgeous. The only thing I can pick at about this product is that the wand isn’t long enough to reach the product at the bottom of the tube, but for £4 I can’t really complain. Everyone needs this concealer!

I got this Tarte Glowlight Luminizing Wand in my latest Look Incredible box and I’m a little bit in love with it. Although I’m still in a bad mood with Tarte (you can read more about that in my latest anti-haul), I can’t help but love this product. It’s basically a liquid highlighter in the form of a twistable tube that has a brush applicator. This makes it so easy to apply and the formula is really easy to blend. It’s also really buildable depending on if you want a natural or a more blinding glow. What I really love the most is the colour, it’s a pearl pink which is so flattering and will be perfect for Spring.

It’s been over a year since I’ve done anything to my hair in the way of getting it cut or dyed, not even so much as a trim. My hair has been feeling very sad, brittle and frizzy lately and I’d been on the hunt for something to save it. Garnier Ultimate Blends Coconut Oil Hair Mask has been an absolute lifesaver for me. Even after just one use, my hair felt like silk and made me feel so much more confident. I just apply the mask to the ends of my hair and leave it to work its magic for around half an hour, washing my hair as normal afterwards. If you’re suffering with dry, frizzy hair I’d seriously recommend giving this hair mask a go – it’s so affordable as well.

As I mentioned earlier on, my birthday was on the 11th and there was no way I could miss out this amazing present that my boyfriend bought me. I absolutely love all things Lilo & Stitch so when I opened this, I was over the moon as it’s just the perfect present for me. It’s got to be the most adorable water bottle I’ve ever seen in my life. I’ve also been wanting to get into the habit of drinking more water so now I can do it in style. I’ve been using this water bottle so much, it would have felt wrong to not include it in my favourites.

I’ve definitely been binge-watching Shane Dawson more than anything else this month. His channel has been around for years now and he’s such a popular YouTuber but I’ve only recently started watching him. I’ve been watching his videos pretty much daily; I’ll get into my pyjamas, grab a cuppa and stick on some Shane videos most nights after work. He has so many amazing series’ but my favourite has got to be his Conspiracy Theories & Creepy Stories series. One mistake I did make was watching these home alone, I scared the absolute crap out of myself. I do love a good spooky story or a murder mystery though, I could watching videos like these for hours. If you don’t like scary videos, you should give his Food Tasting series a watch as they’re absolutely hilarious and have me crying laughing.

So those are the things I’m loving the most this month, but I want to know what your favourite things are at the moment! Pop a comment below and let me know.

1. February 27, 2018 / 11:17 pm

Makeup Revolution concealer doesn’t even surprise me – it’s on everybody’s favorites list 😀 and I agree on Garnier mask. I haven’t tried this one in particular, but I’ve used some other by them and they’ve all been great for my hair 🙂

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• March 18, 2018 / 3:45 pm

I’m not surprised at all, it’s such a good concealer! They’re so nourishing, I want to try some other ones out once this one has ran out x

2. February 27, 2018 / 11:58 pm

Garnier has so many amazing hair masks! I need to add that one to my list so I can try it. The Lilo & Stitch water bottle is so cute as well! So many people have recommended Shane’s channel but I haven’t had the time to check out his videos yet. I need to do that soon Xx

Anu | Based On blog

• March 18, 2018 / 3:45 pm

They do! I need to try some of their other ones out. Ahh you definitely should, he always has me in stitches xx

• March 18, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Isn’t it?! I never wanna drink from anything else haha x

3. March 1, 2018 / 9:27 am

Ahh I SO need to try the Revolution concealer – everyone’s said how amazing it is! And I love the Garnier Ultimate Blends range – they smell amazing and make your hair feel great too! ❤️

• March 18, 2018 / 3:48 pm

They’re so good! I’ve tried a couple of the ranges now and they feel so nourishing, definitely my go to for haircare now x

4. March 2, 2018 / 12:44 pm

I love the concealer too!! It’s such a life saver and it hasn’t broke me out like the collection one seems to have done recently. That water bottle is ADORABLE and so you!! Also, The Body Shop have done a highlighter literally exactly the same as that Tarte one for years, even down to the packaging haha! So that could be a more affordable dupe to try when you run out? I’m deffo going to pick up that Garnier mask now too, my hair is literally a ball of frizz in this weather!

• March 18, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Oh really?! I’ll have to have a look for that, I’ve actually never tried their make-up stuff before. You’ll have to let me know how you get on with it, it helps my hair so much! xx

5. March 2, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I adore that water bottle it is so cute. I have not heard of the other products, ill add them to my list

6. March 3, 2018 / 9:13 am

I love the Makeup Revolution concealer it is such an amazing product and has been a game changer with my makeup. I just need to buy a load more so I’m stocked up as I’m getting very close to using my one up.

• March 18, 2018 / 3:55 pm

It really is! And the price is pretty bloody amazing. Yeah mine ran out so fast! I need more haha x

• March 18, 2018 / 3:55 pm

It’s the cutest! A great addition to the tons of Disney things I hoard haha x

March 3, 2018 / 4:08 pm

I really liked the Garnier Ultimate Blends hair masks – I used the olive oil one and it was pretty good as well! I haven’t been able to find it anywhere anymore and I have no idea why. That Lilo and Stitch bottle has got to be the cutest water bottle ever!

• March 18, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I haven’t tried any others yet but I do need to! Right?! It’s so adorable x

• March 18, 2018 / 3:52 pm

You definitely do! And it’s definitely worth it, really good concealer x

8. Amy Coles
    March 6, 2018 / 4:21 pm

The Tarte Glow Luminising Wand sounds awesome! Definitely right up my alley xx

March 6, 2018 / 9:38 pm

How have I never tried any of these products! I really really want that lilo and stitch bottle it looks so so adorable! I also need to add shane dawson to my youtube list-although I’m not sure I really need and more to watch!

Emily

• March 18, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Think you need to go on a little shopping trip 😉 Such good products! Haha, tell me about it, my “watch later” list is so full of stuff to catch up on x

10. March 7, 2018 / 7:51 am

Haha I can’t even count how many people love Makeup revolution . I haven’t tried out these products but they all seem wonderful! And that bottle is beyond cute!!!

• March 18, 2018 / 3:41 pm

The hype is definitely deserved, they have some really great products! Killing the game lately x

11. March 12, 2018 / 11:20 pm

Yasss to Shane! Love him, especially all of his videos recently – so hooked! Also used to love that hair mask so thanks for reminding me that I need to grab myself another tub 😉 xx

Lily | The Wellbeing Edit

• March 18, 2018 / 3:40 pm

He makes me laugh so much! Have you seen his recent video with Josh Peck? Ahh I’m glad I reminded you, it’s so so good xx

12. March 26, 2018 / 3:32 pm

I love the Makeup Revolution Concealer but I completely agree – I feel like mine ran out so much quicker than it would have if the wand was longer, I need to pick up another tube.. 🙊 The Lilo and Stitch bottle is adorable as well! 😍

• March 27, 2018 / 9:43 pm

I’m so glad it’s not just me, I was so surprised how quickly I seemed to use it all up as my Collection concealer lasts absolutely ages x