5 Things I’d Buy If I Won the Lottery*

February 16, 2018

*AD: this post is a paid collaboration with Clive Christian

Winning the lottery is something that I’m sure many of us have fantasised about. Although I usually get more satisfaction from finding cheap bargains rather than splashing out, it got me thinking about what I would splurge the cash on if I had it. I don’t even buy lottery tickets (the one pictured was a birthday gift – I lost) but let’s say hypothetically I did win, here are my top five picks for what I’d treat myself to. It was really hard to whittle it down to five but I’d be here forever otherwise!

A Luxury Perfume*
I’ve always had a love for perfume – I’m forever asking people what perfume they’re wearing if they smell good and sampling testers in department stores. However, it is one of those things that I just hate to spend the money on. I’m so big on saving at the moment that dropping a load of money just to smell good seems a little bit wasteful. If I won the lottery, I’d definitely go and treat myself to a really luxury brand of perfume because it just makes me feel that little bit more confident if I’m smelling amazing – is it just me?! Clive Christian make absolutely stunning perfumes that range from around £90 all the way up to over £6K and I think they would make such a luxurious treat. Even if you’re not big on perfume yourself, they sell some really amazing looking gift sets filled with a selection of their fragrances – with Mother’s Day creeping up, this would be so perfect as a Luxury Mother’s Day Gift*. I would definitely go and have a browse if you’re looking for something extra special, whether it’s to treat yourself or a special loved one.

Travelling
I think this is a pretty popular one, I think a lot of us would immediately book an amazing holiday if we won the lottery. There’s a couple of places that I’ve specifically wanted to go to for years. The first place is of course Disney World; I’m a huge Disney fan but to be able to go to Disney World Florida is extremely costly and would take years of saving. If I won the lottery, the very first thing I’d do is book that dream Disney trip. I’d obviously go for all of the Disney themed hotels and pay for extra baggage going back home so that I can bring tons of Disney merchandise back with me. Another place I’ve always wanted to visit is Italy, all of the museums and landmarks look so amazing and I’d love to explore it all in person.

A Cinematic Camera Lens
This kind of goes hand in hand with the travelling because I’d definitely want to take it along with me. If I were lucky enough to travel to loads of amazing places then I’d love to be able to document it all by getting creative with some videography. I have a tiny bit of experience in videography from filming weddings so if I ever got to travel, it’s something I’d love to get back into so that I have amazing memories to visually look back on. I already own a Canon 700D camera but I’ve always wanted a cinematic camera lens for it as they help to produce the most amazing quality videos. If you’re interested in this kind of thing, the lens I’m lusting after is the Canon CN-E 50mm T1.3 L F EF Mount Digital Cinema Prime Lens (bit of a mouthful) but it comes to a hefty £3K which is probably more than my two week trip to Japan in October is going to cost me. Now, if I could just win the jackpot then that would be absolutely ideal.

My Dream Home
The older I get, the more I fantasize about having my own home to decorate exactly how I want it. If money was no object, I’d spend so much time making my home look like a Pinterest board. However, there’s so many different things that I’d want to do that I’d never be able to make any decisions. I actually have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to tons of ideas that I love the look of, have a browse if you’re interested!

An iPad Pro
The main reason I’ve been lusting after a iPad Pro is because of Gabriella Lindley’s videos. She creates all of her thumbnails with the stylus feature and they always look so cool and creative! I’d love to have something like that to create graphics for my blog. I already enjoy doing a little bit of graphic design through making blog headers and media kits for people so this would be a great gadget to have. Plus, the laptop I currently own is so slow and knackered which can get really frustrating when I’m trying to do blogging stuff so a nice shiny new one would prevent me from throwing my current one up the wall in a fit of rage. In fact, who am I kidding? I just want something to run my Netflix shows properly.

What would you spend your lottery winnings on if you got lucky?

28 comments so far.

28 responses to “5 Things I’d Buy If I Won the Lottery*”

1. Covet Luxe says:

I would defo treat myself to a holiday and of course buy my dream house if I won the lotto. I’m also a lover of perfume but hate the price tag, so asking for the extra special ones as a gift is my go-to present! x

2. Ronnie says:

Number one on my list would defo be travelling! From your Pinterest bird looks like we have similar tastes on what we want our houses to look like.. I agree with you 100% luxury perfume makes you feel sooo much more confident

Xx

3. Anu says:

If I won the lottery I think I’d buy one of the Clive Christian perfumes just because the bottles are absolutely beautiful! Our purchases would be really similar actually – buying/building my dream home would be #1 for me and I’d also like to travel a lot – my first stop being the Harry Potter World! Xx

Anu | Based On blog

4. LOVE this post – top of my list would be a house that looks like Pinterest threw up and all the beautiful images were there in front of me, second would be the holidays (of course!) and I’d go on a HUGE handbag spending spree – I lust over designer hand bags like no mans business so I’d invest in as many as possible 😉❤️

5. Claire Beresford says:

I think you should add pay moms mortgage off to that list 😉😉

6. Ah if only I won the lottery aha! I’d buy my dream house too! And a trip around the world and I’d set up my own business after taking a year out to travel !! 😀💟 xo

7. Oh man DISNEYLAND!!! I would do anything to go there, I must nag Jake monthly about saving to go but like you said it’d take years so I’m definitely with you on going there if I won the lottery!! I’d go to the maldives too and the caribbean and just everywhere. I love exploring new places more than anything. But I’d also treat myself like mad so maybe I would get myself one of those super expensive perfumes too because well, why not?!

8. Travelling wouldwdefinitely be my number one! I’ve hardly traveled and there’s soo much to explore. I think it would definitely be purchasing a house, decorating it to my taste it’s soo expensive and takes forever

9. Francesca says:

Your dream home pinterest is AMAZING! 😍 I want it all, definitely would use the money from the lottery to get my dream home!x

Francesca | EverythingChessie 🌿

10. This is such a great idea for a blog post – I always fantasise about winning the lottery! If I did win, I would also 100% go travelling too – goodbye to not working for at least a year!! I would also buy my dream home and kit it out with the majority of stuff from Anthropologie haha and I would buy myself a commercial building and turn it into my own photography studio xo

11. jazziepickles says:

I love reading these posts. I’d buy a home outright and kit it out with all amazing homewear and jet away into the sunset for a while

12. theglassofclass says:

I’d definitely go on holiday if I won the lottery, somewhere very expensive like the Maldives or Bali. It would be so cool!

13. Honey says:

I would first have to pay my parents’ debt and then I would buy a place to live for my brother and then one for me. Also, I would reconstruct/redecorate my grandparents’ house. And then I would travel travel and travel 😀
    good luck winning the lottery 😀

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

14. leslieleon says:

Oh my gosh this question I’ve asked myself so many times! I think I would agree on many but I would probably same pay off my parents’ debt as boring as that sounds haha