Bringing Colour to January*

January 20, 2018

*AD: this post is a paid collaboration with Panasonic

I think we can all agree that January is known for feeling a little bit dreary. Christmas is over and done with and everyone is getting back into their daily routines, packing away all of the bright decorations. I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t help wishing that we were still enjoying the happy holidays, sitting on the sofa indulging in amazing foods rather than trying to stick to my January diet and dragging myself to the gym. Recently, I’ve been working alongside Panasonic again on another blog post – last time, I reviewed some of my favourite movies from 2017 which you can check out here. This time, I was asked to write a post surrounding themes of light and colour. I thought this was the perfect way to bring some colour and vibrant vibes back into January!

Panasonic are going to be unveiling a brand new camera called the LUMIX DC-GH5S. The camera’s main feature is low-light image quality which is perfect for photographing and filming in challenging environments. If you’re a blogger or photographer, you’ll know how difficult it can be fighting with lack of light whilst still maintaining perfect quality – particularly in the Winter. This camera solves that issue and would be such a lifesaver if this problem is all too familiar to you.

One thing that brings me happiness is creating unique and bright make-up looks. I decided that it would fit perfectly with the theme of light and colour for me to create a vibrant look for this post. I know it might sound silly but wearing bright colours, whether that be your clothing or make-up, can actually really help to lift those January blues. Inspired by the features of the LUMIX DC-GH5S, when photographing this look I took a little extra time to focus on the lighting aspect as it can really change the dimensions of photos. The look I’ve created below is based on the sunset as it’s such a gorgeous, warm wash of light through a dark sky that I feel really sums up just how big of an impact colour and light can make.

Products used:

Maybelline Superstay 24H Primer
Morphe 35O2 Second Nature Eyeshadow Palette
Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in ‘Buff’
Rimmel Brow This Way Eyebrow Kit in ‘Dark Brown’
Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer in ‘C2’
Collection Contour Stick in ‘Light’
Rimmel Insta Fix & Matte Powder
Rimmel Natural Bronzing Powder in ‘Sunlight’
Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette
Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist

How would you splash some colour into January?

36 comments so far.

36 responses to “Bringing Colour to January*”

1. Emsi Rose says:

Such a high quality camera and gorgeous make up look!! x

emsirose.blogspot.com

2. You look gorgeous! This camera looks really good, I need to start focusing on improving my photography!x

Francesca | EverythingChessie ๐ŸŒฟ

3. Such amazing imagery lovely! Iโ€™ve just finished filming a video for my channel in my horribly lit bedroom and this looks like it would be a lifesaver!

Gaby xx

4. Girl this is such a creative idea for a post and the look is gorgeous, as are you! Orange suits you so much and the lip colour you’ve paired it with is perfect ๐Ÿ™‚ The camera sounds pretty damn fabulous, I’ve been getting much more into my photography recently and I’m loving it!

• Thank you so much! Iโ€™m so glad you like the post. Photography is so fun, experimenting with different things is fab and this camera has really inspired me to play around with lighting a bit more x

5. Covet Luxe says:

This look is beautiful! Also your base is flawless! I think I would do a bright lip or maybe test out some coloured eyeliner for a colourful january x

6. I absolutely loove this makeup look!! That camera sounds amazing too. Great post Alice ๐Ÿ™‚ xo

7. meganrosel says:

Love this look and the shots! Great post gal! xx

8. Anu says:

I love this look! You’re so talented! I need to do brighter looks in the future, I usually just go for neutrals especially when it comes to eyeshadow but I want to experiment a bit ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Anu | Based On blog

9. Vanessa says:

It’s such a struggle to take good blog pictures during winter, the LUMIX DC-GH5S sounds perfect right now.
    Vanessa x | http://www.springlilies.com

10. leslieleon says:

This camera is such good quality!! Itโ€™s so focused in a good way. And your look is amazing!!โ€™

11. theglassofclass says:

I love this look, it’s so bright and beautiful! This camera sounds pretty amazing, I’m sure it would bring a lot of colour into my January blues ๐Ÿ˜€ January seems to be going on forever and I can’t wait for warm weather and lots of sun to take nice blog photos!

• Thanks so much lovely! It does seem to be dragging for some reason, a lot of people have been saying that. The sun will definitely be useful for blog photos, although I actually don’t like the heat! Haha x

12. Alicia says:

I love this, the make up look looks gorgeous, I love the use of orangey red shades it really suits u! I think this look really ties into the theme light and brightness, great connection. This camera also sounds great xx

13. Emily Isobelle Jane says:

Alice you always get your make up spot on! This looks incredible on you and I love the link with the camera and its features! Such a great post!

Emily xx

14. Ashton _P says:

This is such a stunning look. You do your makeup so well

15. wow this color is beautiful on you! I lovee the look

16. gwingal says:

I inject some color into my home decor and into my clothing by buying a new piece or two for the new year. For the home maybe some new pillows for the sofa. And I am loving statement color coats for myself. I have an orange one that is my favorite and also a cobalt blue one.
    ๐Ÿ™‚ gwingal

17. I love the colors in your makeup look! So pretty!!

18. What a gorgeous look! Those colours are beautiful and your photos are fantastic gal x

Rachel // kyvbey.blogspot.com