My Favourite Christmas Movies

I’ve been so excited to post this because I’m such a massive film lover, there’s nothing I love more than getting into my pyjamas and winding down to watch a movie. I’m also a very festive person so I have a big soft spot for Christmas movies – I’m one of those people that love the Christmas 24 channel, it’s just full of cheesy movies and is the ultimate guilty pleasure. So these are some of my favourite Christmas films, let me know if you’ve seen and love the same ones as me!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Of course, in the running for number one is this incredible film. I go on about it all the time, it’s my favourite film ever. It has an amazing soundtrack, it’s perfect for Halloween as well as Christmas and it has the most beautiful love story. I challenge you to find me a film I’ll love more than this. It just makes me want to be best friends with Jack the Pumpkin King and help him create his very own Christmas.

Elf

I feel like a Christmas movies list just wouldn’t be complete without this film. For a start, Will Ferrell is completely hilarious and plays Buddy the Elf perfectly. I love comedy films best because they really help you to relax and enjoy yourself over the holidays. My favourite part is when Buddy eats spaghetti coated in sweets and syrup, I feel like I can relate to that on a personal level.

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

First of all, Cindy Lou-Who was basically my idol when I was younger. I thought her hair was the best thing in the world and wished I could go to school like it. I have such a soft spot for the Grinch because although he’s naughty, it’s completely hilarious and deep down he does have a heart. Jim Carrey completely nails this character and has me laughing constantly.

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas

I feel like not many people have seen this film as it’s never really mentioned but it’s a childhood favourite of mine. This is a spin off of the original Beauty and the Beast film where Belle and Beast are getting the castle ready for Christmas. However, Beast finds it a bit tricky to feel festive and there’s a pipe organ called Forte who doesn’t want Belle around. Just like any Disney film, this is full of emotion, life lessons and songs which is exactly what I love about it.

Home Alone

It just wouldn’t be Christmas without seeing Kevin McAllister fight off two snidey con men by setting up hilarious traps. This film still scares me a little even now, worrying for Kevin as he’s all alone in a huge house and panicking that he’ll be alone on Christmas day. It always gets a few tears going when he gets reunited with his family. The first Home Alone film and its sequels are all really great films to watch as a family and will have you in fits of giggles.

The Polar Express

For me, this is an absolute must on Christmas Eve. A little boy goes on a huge adventure aboard a train ride that’s going to the North Pole. He learns how important it is to believe in Christmas through some really amazing experiences. My favourite scene is when they all get delivered hot cocoa to their seats! That’s my kind of commute. This is a great one for the children before bedtime as my little brothers are always mesmerised by it whenever they watch it.

The Snowman

I remember having this on video tape and at one point, it was all I used to watch. A boy builds a snowman that comes to life and they go on an adventure, flying all across Norway and visiting Father Christmas. There’s something about the incredible animation and the beautiful soundtrack that just has me watching this film in awe. Plus, it’s another one that tugs on my heart strings – have tissues ready.

So those are my favourite films for the festive season – what’s your all-time favourite?! Now I’m off to have a Christmas movie marathon and drink my body weight in hot chocolate. I hope you all have the most amazing Christmas!

1. December 24, 2017 / 10:51 am

Elf has got to be my top favourite – makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when Santa gets the sleigh to fly through New York 😍🎄

2. December 24, 2017 / 12:13 pm

I agree with all your picks!

December 24, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Elf is deifnitely my favourite! It’s just so funny! The Snowman sounds really nice, I’ve never seen it but I need to check if I can find it somewhere 🙂 x

• December 24, 2017 / 2:15 pm

It’s a pretty old film but such a classic for me! Makes me feel all cosy and festive x

4. December 24, 2017 / 1:00 pm

How have I not heard of that Beauty & The Beast film!! Sounds great. You’ve literally got the same favourites as me, tempted to watch a couple today even though I’ve got so much else to do x

• December 24, 2017 / 2:15 pm

You have to watch it! It’s so cute. Do it, reward yourself with movies when you’ve done what you need to do! x

5. December 24, 2017 / 1:59 pm

This is definitely my Christmas movie list aswell! I love all of these, I remember watching that Beauty & The Beast film when I was younger. I was a massive fan of that and The Barbie Nutcracker. They definitely made my Christmas. I love The Elf as well, I must watch that every Christmas, also I have to watch The Polar Express every year as well!

• December 24, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVED the Barbie Nutcracker movie! All the Barbie movies were the best when I was younger x

• December 24, 2017 / 3:15 pm

Yees! Completely! The thing that reminded me about it was the trailer to the new Nutcracker movie

6. December 24, 2017 / 3:02 pm

I have a very sad confession to make, i have not watched one of these movies. You have made them sound like worth a watch so I’ve added them to my list xx

7. December 24, 2017 / 5:13 pm

Ahh Nightmare before Christmas and Polar Express are absolute childhood classics for me! Lovely choices babe! Xx

Sophia || Sophia’s Sphere || pearlsofsphere.blog

8. December 24, 2017 / 6:57 pm

I knew the nightmare before christmas would be your favourite! Elf has to be mine I think, it never fails to cheer me up! I haven’t seen the beauty and the beast one, I’ve seen it on a few bloggers favourites list though so I am intrigued. Jake and I watched Love Actually and The Holiday last night and I love those for festive films!

• December 26, 2017 / 10:48 pm

Haha you know me very well! You need to watch the Beauty and the Beast one, it’s super cute. I’ve never seen either of those! I reckon I’d love them though, I’m a sucker for romances x

9. jazziepickles
    December 26, 2017 / 9:08 pm

Beauty and the beast enchanted christmas is so underrated !! Cutest christmas film !

• December 26, 2017 / 10:49 pm

It is isn’t it?! So many people haven’t seen it but it’s adorable x

10. December 27, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Elf and NBC are definitely my favourite! I’m watching the Grinch tonight, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen it as it used to scare me as a kid haha x

Francesca | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

• January 2, 2018 / 4:33 pm

Yeah he can be a bit creepy! It’s such a hilarious film though, now that I’m older I feel sorry for him x

11. January 2, 2018 / 11:14 am

I actually asked for some Christmas movies recommendations as I don’t watch those. I only watch Home Alone 1 & 2 every single year (and I adore them). I’m gonna watch Polar Express tonight, Nightmare before Christmas tomorrow and I’ll add Beauty and the Beast somewhere. However, I just saw Grinch for the first time the other day and I hated it! I found it very boring and characters are too weird for me haha

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• January 2, 2018 / 4:34 pm

The Home Alone movies are absolute classics, love them! I hope you enjoy watching all the movies. It’s a shame you didn’t like The Grinch, it makes me laugh so much x

12. January 2, 2018 / 3:35 pm

I watched Elf for the first time this year and it quickly became a fave of mine. It made me so emotional! I’ll be watching it every year for sure. I also love Polar Express, the animations are so good it almost looks like a normal movie! Great story as well.

• January 2, 2018 / 4:35 pm

Glad you finally got around to watching it! It’s hilarious. Yeah the animation is incredible x