Would You Rather: Christmas Edition

I love a good game of ‘Would You Rather’, I’ve even got an app of the game on my phone and I can easily end up spending hours on it. So when I was tagged by the absolutely lovely Lily from Covet Luxe to do a Christmas style ‘Would You Rather’, I got extremely excited. Make sure to go and check out Lily’s blog as well, her content is consistently amazing. Let’s get down to business (to defeat the huns).

Eat brussel sprouts or cauliflower cheese?
I’m actually a big sprouts lover, especially when they’re fried with little bacon bits. I’d eat sprouts all year round, I think they’re yummy.

Have twinkling lights or still lights?
I love twinkling lights! All lights are so cute and cosy but twinkling ones feel extra special.

Eat gingerbread or Ferrero Rocher?
Food-based questions are usually so difficult because I love most food, haha. I’m gonna have to go for gingerbread though just because it makes me feel so festive. I especially love a good gingerbread latte.

Open your Christmas presents with only immediate family or with all of your family members?
This is a tricky one! I think I’ll go for only immediate family because I hate the idea of all eyes being on me, so the more people the worse the anxiety would probably be.

Cook Christmas dinner for the whole family or don’t eat Christmas dinner at all?
I honestly don’t think I’m good enough at cooking to be able to pull off a massive Christmas dinner for everyone. I’d feel way too pressured and be worrying about ruining peoples’ days with my cooking. I’d rather not have it at all than deal with disappointing people, haha.

Have a real Christmas tree or a fake Christmas tree?
In theory, the real Christmas trees would be better because they have that special smell but realistically, they shed all over the damn place and then you’ve got to dispose of it properly afterwards. I think I’d go for a fake one that lasts a lot longer and just change up my decorations each year.

Use blue, yellow, white or multi-coloured lights?
I like yellow lights the most as I think they feel the most warm and cosy.

Eat mince pies or Christmas cake?
I’m not overly keen on either. However, my boyfriend’s mom makes her own mince pies every year so I tried one last year and ended up loving it. I think it just depends on the mince pie, however Christmas cake is always nasty.

Wake up at 6am or 10am?
I think I’ll go for 10am because I’d rather be able to stay awake later watching Christmas movies than end up feeling too tired. If I get up super early I just end up wanting to nap by midday – I love my sleep.

Drink champagne or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate – I’ve never really been big on drinking at Christmas, I’d rather get all cosy with hot drinks.

Eat Heroes or Roses?
I much prefer Heroes, I feel like they’re the underrated chocolate box. They were a lot better when they had Dreams in, though.

Get a puppy for Christmas or a kitten for Christmas?
A puppy! I do think kittens are adorable but I’m much more of a dog person.

Watch Elf or Home Alone?
This is so hard! They’re two of my top favourites. I think I’ll go for Home Alone just because it’s such a classic and one that I’ve watched for years and years.

Only be able to listen to Christmas songs all year round or never hear a Christmas song again?
I really wouldn’t mind listening to them all year round, everyone moans when Christmas songs start playing but I think they’re great. They’re often super cheesy which is such a guilty pleasure of mine.

Wake up bright and early and get all of the best boxing day sale goodies or stay warm and cosy in bed wearing your new Christmas pyjamas?
This isn’t even a debate for me, I’m staying in bed! Boxing day to me is a time to totally chill out, eat all of the leftover food and maybe test some of your presents out. There’s not a chance I’ll get going out in the freezing cold to queue up for hours on end when the deals are never really that great anyway.

The rule is to tag four other bloggers. If I haven’t tagged you, feel free to still do the tag and link me up! These are the bloggers I’m tagging:

Nicola from Nicola Jogston
Luci from Luci Barker
Mary from Hello Miss Marie
Kate from The Kate Edit

I hope you all enjoy completing this tag, I know I did! Even if you weren’t tagged, feel free to complete this and send me the link so that I can check out your answers. Have fun!

1. December 10, 2017 / 6:25 pm

Thank you for tagging me. Ill have mine up in a few days x

December 11, 2017 / 1:51 pm

That’s such a cool idea, great post! Personally I’d love to cook a whole Christmas dinner on my own haha And I’m with you, I’d rather stay in bed than go out shopping on Boxing Day, way too stressful and crowded for me! I’d rather get some sale items online whilst watching another Christmas movie.

• December 14, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Thanks lovely! Haha I’d just be too scared people wouldn’t like it and I’d be all hot and bothered. Yep, Boxing Day is for being cosy and eating junk! x

3. December 11, 2017 / 4:58 pm

Sprouts!? Really?? You mad girl they’re little drops of evil. I actually enjoy Roses so much more now i’ve gotten older, I find the contents of Heroes quite samey although they are still nice. I totally agree with you about Christmas cake tho, why can’t Christmas cake be rebranded to chocolate cake??

• December 14, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Nooo they’re so nice! I’ve just always loved Heroes the most, never been too struck on Roses or anything. Exactly! It’s so nasty x

December 12, 2017 / 11:21 am

I agree on so many of your answers here! I love yellow lights to they are so cosy and warm and I would also love to get a puppy! I love reading these <3

Emily xx

• December 14, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Yellow lights are definitely the cosiest looking ones! But then icy blue ones are very Wintery x

5. December 12, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Great post! Especially loved the Mulan reference in the beginning haha!x

Francesca | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

6. December 12, 2017 / 10:57 pm

Loved reading your answers, seems like we have differing opinions, especially about boxing day sales haha! x

• December 14, 2017 / 3:00 pm

We do! I get way too stressed at the amount of people haha x

December 12, 2017 / 11:48 pm

I love brussel sprouts as well! I’m not quite sure if it’s similar to cauliflower cheese but my mom makes mixes cauliflower with cream cheese and it’s so yummy! I don’t think I could choose between champagne and hot chocolate, maybe I could come up with some kind of mix??? Haha 😁 x

• December 14, 2017 / 2:59 pm

That sounds good! Haha, I reckon you should make it if it doesn’t exist already! x

8. December 13, 2017 / 6:41 pm

I’ve actually stolen and slightly changed this, because I loved reading it so much! 🙊 Can’t believe you love sprouts though?! They’re pretty much my worst nightmare.. 😩

• December 14, 2017 / 2:56 pm

Ooh I can’t wait to see your answers! Noooo, so many people hate them but I love them haha x

9. December 13, 2017 / 8:36 pm

What a cute tag! I am a full real tree fan though although cleaning up really is a pain

• December 14, 2017 / 2:55 pm

Yeah that’s the thing, they’re so messy haha x

10. December 15, 2017 / 10:25 am

This is such a cool and unique tag, I absolutely loved reading your answers! X

December 17, 2017 / 8:47 am

I love this post, these questions are tricky but I defo agree I would prefer a puppy and I love me some sprouts too 😍