The Christmas Tag!

Happy Blogmas, everyone! I’ve been so excited to get the ball rolling on Blogmas as it’s going to be my first ever one. It’s crazy to think that it hasn’t even been a year yet since I’ve started blogging as it just feels like a way of life now. I absolutely loved taking part in Blogtober and seeing as Christmas is my favourite time of year, it wouldn’t have felt right to not do Blogmas as well. As with Blogtober, I’m going to be doing two posts a week rather than posting daily so not a full-blown Blogmas; I work full-time whilst juggling the rest of life and quite honestly, I wouldn’t be able to churn out a post everyday whilst still maintaining decent quality content. So, I thought what better way to kick off the Blogmas content with a good old Christmas tag! Feel free to take the questions and answer them too, make sure to link me so that I can check out your answers. Let’s get cracking!

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
It has to be The Nightmare Before Christmas – anyone who knows me or has read my Blogtober posts will know I’m absolutely obsessed with this film. It’s my all-time favourite and I always make sure to watch it around Halloween time as well as Christmas. If you haven’t seen it then definitely make the time to watch it; it’s funny, sad, romantic, spooky and has an amazing soundtrack, what more could you want from a film? Also, I want to be best friends with Jack and Sally – do people still say squad goals? It definitely applies here.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
It depends what I’m doing as I don’t have the same schedule every year. Last year, I stayed at my mom’s on Christmas Eve so I opened my presents from her in the morning. We went to my nan’s for Christmas dinner so I opened more presents there from other family members. On the night of Christmas I visited my boyfriend so we exchanged presents on the evening. I also dedicate a day to seeing my dad and his side of the family so there’s a whole other separate present-opening day. In the past, both my mom and dad have let me open a present early on Christmas Eve (usually new pyjamas to sleep in) but I haven’t done that for a good few years now.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Last year was my first Christmas with my boyfriend so it was really nice to be able to see him and spend time with him and his family. We exchanged gifts and then had Christmas cuddles, everything just felt really cosy and lovely. That’s definitely one of my favourite memories.

4. Favourite festive food?
This is so tricky, food is definitely one of the best things about Christmas so it’s hard to choose one thing. I think I’m going to have to go for baked camembert, I don’t think I’ve ever had this on Christmas day but I’ve had it during the festive period and it’s incredible. I also really love anything peppermint like candy canes and peppermint hot chocolate.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
Last year, my boyfriend bought me a Tinkerbell Tsum Tsum which I’d been wanting for absolutely ages. I’ve got my own little collection of Tsum Tsums but Tinkerbell is especially close to my heart so the fact that he got it for me was so thoughtful.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I love the smell of Christmas trees, it just pinpoints Christmas in a scent. I also really love the smell of the Christmas Cookie Yankee candle, anything sweet smelling is a winner for me.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
One thing I do every year is have a new set of pyjamas that are especially for Christmas Eve. I also usually watch a Christmas movie accompanied by a proper hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream. All of these things just make me feel so cosy which I think is essential on Christmas Eve.

8. What tops your tree?
My family have always put an angel on top of the tree but I really like the idea of making my own toppers when I have my own house. I like the idea of creating something original that nobody else will have. There’s loads of ideas on Pinterest which is what gave me the idea, definitely take a look if you want to get crafty!

9. As a kid, what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I remember wanting a horse for quite a while for some reason, I really wanted a chocolate brown horse with long hair that I could braid and put flowers in. I’ve also always wanted a trip to Disney World, I don’t think I’m ever going to grow out of that one. In my adult life, I’ve had to accept that this would be a dramatically expensive gift.

10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
I’m really trying not to be cheesy with this answer but the most important thing for me is to spend time with the people I love and care about. I also try to be thoughtful and personal with my gifts most of the time so it makes me happy if somebody really loves what I’ve given them.

I really enjoyed answering these Christmas-themed questions, it’s made me even more excited for the big day. As I said before, I’m tagging everyone and I’d love to hear your answers so if you do complete this tag, make sure to link me up! I want to hear all about your Christmas memories and traditions.

1. December 1, 2017 / 10:59 am

Your ‘Favourite Christmas Memory’ is absolutely adorable?! 🙊 I’m trying to convince my Mum to start a new tradition of new pyjamas on Christmas Eve, I can’t wait to have my own traditions with my own family one day.. 😍

• December 1, 2017 / 11:34 am

It was super lovely! Ahh it’s a fab tradition. I’m all for staying in them all day on Christmas as well instead of dressing up haha. Yeah me too! xx

2. December 1, 2017 / 2:01 pm

I love tsum tsums too! I have a stitch one that I’m obsessed with. Loved reading this post, made me feel all warm and cosy xx

• December 1, 2017 / 3:27 pm

I’ve got a Stitch one in my collection! He’s my fave. Glad you liked it xx

3. December 1, 2017 / 2:41 pm

This is such a cute tag! I love your Christmas Eve tradition! It sounds like such a comfy and relaxing way to spend the day!

4. December 1, 2017 / 3:10 pm

I love this tag! I also always get new pyjamas on Christmas Eve, my mum used to do it as a child and passed it on to me – so cool to know other people do it too!!

5. December 1, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Love your Christmas eve tradition of buying PJs! Once we have kids I will have to do that! I don’t think I could get my husband to agree to that until we have kids!

• December 1, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Just keep begging him! Haha. Gotta have festive pyjamas x

6. December 1, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Such a cute tag!! For Christmas treats I have to say I’m all about Peppermint Bark and Peppermint Hot Chocolate too, soooo good!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

December 1, 2017 / 4:29 pm

I open my gifts on Christmas Eve because that’s when my family celebrates! We have a big dinner in the evening with all the family coming round and then we open our gifts. I’ve never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas! I need to change that and watch it this year finally.

• December 3, 2017 / 10:22 pm

That’s so lovely! I’d love that. You definitely need to watch it x

8. December 1, 2017 / 4:30 pm

My family have never done the whole ‘open a present on xmas eve’ thing and i’m not sure why, my best pal goes to midnight mass and then they all open their presents as soon as they get home before going to bed! I love seeing peoples different christmas traditions, it’s nice how everyone does it a little differently 🙂

• December 3, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Aww we only open the one, I couldn’t do it all the day before, just wouldn’t feel right! Yeah it’s so interesting to hear how other people celebrate xx

9. December 1, 2017 / 4:58 pm

I love reading about what other people do around Christmas because everyone’s different! In the past, my family have gone out for dinner on Christmas Eve or to watch a movie at the cinema but this year it’s different as it’s the first year I’ve moved out! Looking forward to creating new traditions with my boyfriend 🙂

Love Amber – http://www.ambambe.com

• December 3, 2017 / 10:23 pm

It’s so interesting! That sounds so lovely, I love going to the cinemas. Aww, me too! x

10. December 1, 2017 / 5:20 pm

I’m definitely going to be sharing this tag on my blog in the coming weeks! We made our own tree topper (my husband has a thing for dinosaurs and so our tree topper is a t-rex angel that he made) it’s always a good conversation starter!

11. December 1, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Such a fun post! Growing up in the Philippines, we’ve always opened presents on the Christmas morning. I have yet to try opening presents on Christmas eve!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

• December 3, 2017 / 10:24 pm

We only open the one! The rest we have to wait until Santa has been 😉 x

• December 4, 2017 / 11:05 am

Me too! Can’t wait to see the ones I make with my own family one day x

12. December 2, 2017 / 4:30 pm

This was so fun to read! We had an angel topper for the longest time, but now we just have these lighted tree branch things lol.

13. December 2, 2017 / 5:12 pm

Love this post! Christmas is my favourite time of the year too! Tsum Tsums are so cute, I have a little mickey mouse one and he’s adorable 💛 My family christmas eve tradition is watching It’s a Wonderful Life, it makes me feel so happy and Christmassy!x

Francesca | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

• December 4, 2017 / 11:06 am

I’m glad you enjoyed it! They’re super cute, I’ve got a little collection going on haha. I’ve never actually seen that! I’ll have to give it a watch x

14. December 3, 2017 / 9:07 pm

I absolutely love that festive mug! I am a huge fan of peppermint hot chocolate as well. Such a nice treat on a cold day! I am totally with you on the smell of Christmas trees. Since someone in my family is allergic, I hang those scented sticks in my tree to give it that outdoorsy scent. Not the real thing, but still pretty nice 🙂

• December 4, 2017 / 11:09 am

It was from Poundland! Mmm, it’s so yummy. Ooh that’s a great alternative, gotta have that festive scent haha x

December 3, 2017 / 9:42 pm

I completely agree that spending time with my friends and family is the best part of christmas! Love that you asked for a horse :’) I dont think I would ever have been allowed one if id asked either!

emily

• December 3, 2017 / 10:25 pm

For sure! No me neither haha, think I was dreaming a bit too big there x

16. December 3, 2017 / 11:06 pm

love this! I also like the idea of something home made to decorate our tree or place in general. And I would also like a horse if you’re offering haha I’d like a pony. 😀

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• December 3, 2017 / 11:07 pm

I think it’d be so lovely! Haha, realistically they take sooo much time up for looking after, I’d rather just go visit some x