How I Spent Under £15 On A Whole Skincare Routine*

I recently wrote a post giving away my best tips for saving money, if you haven’t already read this post you can do so here. One of my main points was to switch to drugstore beauty products and make it a little challenge to find affordable products that work just as amazingly as higher end products. Recently, I’ve been running low on all of my skincare so I needed to stock up. This was worrying me because I need to be strict with my spending so I had a browse on the Superdrug website to find some affordable products. Superdrug is my favourite because they always have plenty of offers available such as 3 for 2 or percentage off discounts, particularly if you place an order online. I’ve found this much easier than going into the store because it’s easier to keep an eye on what your spending total will come to. The website also lets you know if there’s any offers you can benefit from depending on what you’ve added to your basket to make sure you’re not missing out on any deals. After I did my skincare haul, I was so impressed that I’d managed to order five products whilst spending under £15! So I’m going to be talking about the products I picked up as well as a couple of other little affordable extras I’ve tried out before that I’d recommend buying.

Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water for Combination Skin
Was £4.99, on offer for £3.29 for 400ml

I’m basically micellar water’s biggest fan; I used to just use make-up wipes to take off my make-up but it proved pretty difficult, especially when removing eyeliner and mascara. Micellar water makes things so much quicker and easier, I just soak some onto a cotton pad and swipe it over my face. Have you watched the scene in Mulan where she wipes off her make-up with her sleeve and it comes clean off? That’s how I feel using micellar water, it’s just so effortless. I’d been using a different Garnier water for a long while but I decided to switch to one that’s targeted specifically for combination skin as that’s my skin type. It’s so good at balancing my oils out and controlling problem areas such as my forehead, nose and chin. There’s a Garnier micellar water to suit every skin type so there’s something for everyone which I think is really great.

T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo Ultra Purifying Face Wash
£3.25 for 200ml

I first heard of T-Zone through some of my close blogger friends that had tried some of their products. One of the things they hyped the most was this face wash and seeing as I’d ran out of my Neutrogena one, I decided to test something new. Products involving charcoal always seem to be so great for my skin type as they’re great for controlling excess oils and minimising blackheads. This face wash is really great for this, I’ve noticed a slow but noticeable reduction of blackheads from using this for a couple of weeks which is impressive as they never seem to budge. I also really love the smell of this, I can’t really explain it but it just smells so fresh. I’m so impressed with this face wash as it’s a lot more affordable than others on the market but with all the same qualities.

Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner
Was £3.49, on offer for £1.69 for 200ml

This toner is so good for oily skin, it just feels so refreshing and leaves my face feeling like it’s had a proper clean. I find that sometimes with toners, they leave a bit of a sticky residue on your face which doesn’t feel the best. I’ve also noticed that most toners seem to make my face feel quite tight and dry rather than hydrated. This is the first toner I’ve found for me that isn’t sticky and makes my face feel silky smooth as well as brightening my complexion. The only thing I don’t overly love is the smell but I can easily see past that when it does such a good job!

Superdrug Vitamin E Hydrating Mist
£2.99 for 150ml

I’ve seen a couple of blog posts singing praises about Superdrug’s own skincare range so I thought I’d try a couple of products from their Vitamin E range. It’s safe to say I’m a little obsessed – this hydration mist is absolutely perfect. I wanted something to moisturise my face in the morning without it being too heavy under my make-up and this answered all of my prayers. You just spray it a few times all over your face after cleansing and then let it dry down. It dries really fast so you can crack on with your make-up pretty quickly and it’s the perfect amount of hydration without feeling heavy. The smell reminds me of cocoa butter and sun cream which I really love as it’s like a little summer holiday flashback.

Superdrug Vitamin E Night Cream
£2.99 for 100ml

I’ve never used a night cream before, only general all-day moisturisers but I’m so glad that I do now. My face has been feeling incredible since using this night cream and my skin is practically glowing. It makes my skin feel so incredibly soft, I’m always worried about using intense moisturisers as my skin can get pretty oily and anything heavy can make it worse or cause breakouts. I haven’t had any problems with this at all though, it doesn’t make my face greasy at all and it soaks in really well rather than just sitting on the top of my face. I’m super impressed with Superdrug’s Vitamin E products, they’re crazy affordable and I’d highly recommend trying them out.

Additional Recommendations

7th Heaven Face Masks
£1 per sachet

Back in August, I attended an event called Bloggers Festival and 7th Heaven were one of the brands that attended. I was really excited because I’ve always loved their face masks ever since I was a teenager so I basically bee-lined over to them. They were very generously giving away tote bags full of around 15-20 face masks! There were all different types of masks in the bag including their newest mask, a Charcoal Peel-Off Mask. I was really looking forward to trying this because I’d heard really great things about charcoal peel-offs. I suffer from stubborn blackheads and they’re meant to be amazing at minimising them. This mask didn’t disappoint my expectations! It makes my skin feel so incredibly soft and it definitely reduces the blackheads I get on my nose and chin. These masks are only £1 each and they’re so beneficial to include in your skincare routine. I try to do a face mask at least once a week after I’ve cleansed my face of a night time, it’s a great way to wind down and pamper yourself. Plus, for £1 you really can’t go wrong.

T-Zone Pore Strips*
£3.99 per 6 strips

T-Zone also attended Bloggers Festival and I was really drawn to their bright pink stall! Again, the use of charcoal in their skincare range appealed to me instantly as it’s so beneficial for your skin. T-Zone recently very kindly sent me a few of their products to try out in exchange for an honest review which included these pore strips. I couldn’t wait to see if they would actually remove my blackheads because I felt like it would take a miracle but these actually work! All you do is wet your nose, pop the strip on, leave it for 10 minutes and then peel it off. As gross yet satisfying as it sounds, you can see all the rubbish that’s come off your face on the strip afterwards. T-Zone also recommend steaming your face to open up your pores before using these strips as it helps to get more out. If you have problems with blackheads, I really recommend these!

T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo No Shine Papers*
£2.99 per 50 sheets

T-Zone also sent me along these No Shine Papers, I’ve never used blotting papers or anything like that before but I was pretty intrigued. I tend to get very oily some days especially if I’m running around and getting hot. This can make my make-up look really greasy, it’s just not a good look. These papers have been little life-savers, you can just throw a pack in your handbag as they’re so travel friendly. The thing I was most worried about was that it would take my foundation off with it but as long as you pat rather than wipe, it doesn’t budge your make-up. They do an amazing job of removing excess oils from your face and I love that you can just pop them in your bag ready for any situation.

The total amount I spent in Superdrug came to £14.21 and with all of the additional extras added on, I’d still have only spent £22.19 in total. I know that other people may use way more products in their skincare routine so might not call this a ‘proper’ routine but this is just what I’ve found works best for me. I’m loving finding bargains that are amazing quality considering how low the prices are. I hope I’ve given you some ideas for skincare products to try out as I’m genuinely loving how great these products make my skin look and feel!

What skincare products are you loving at the moment?

Disclaimer: Products with an asterisk (*) next to them were sent to me for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are still completely my own.

1. November 19, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Love this post! I use simple micellar water and toner for my face as I have super sensitive skin, the T-zone products are great! I use their pore strips and charcoal peel off mask – which I love! I really need to find a good night time moisturiser as I just tend to use the same for both day and night, will definitely look into the superdrug vitamin e range!x

Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

• November 20, 2017 / 12:30 am

T-Zone are a really amazing brand! I honestly feel like my skin is so much better since using night cream, the difference is definitely recognisable x

2. November 19, 2017 / 6:14 pm

What a lovely post! I love visiting Superdrug as well, they have some amazing offers like you said. Miles better than Boots. I’ve never thought to try any Superdrug own products as I’ve found using the Tea Tree range from the Body Shop is really good for my skin. But that does cost an arm and a leg though, unless it’s on offer! I do need to try T-Zone though as I’ve heard great things about them.

• November 20, 2017 / 12:27 am

Yep I’m definitely more of a Superdrug girl! Ooh I’d love to try The Body Shop tea tree stuff as I’ve heard a lot of good things about them. T-Zone are a really fab brand x

3. November 20, 2017 / 5:32 pm

I looove the Superdrug hydrating mist, It’s such a saviour for me and so fab to take on holiday too! I really want to try some more of the range but haven’t gotten round to it as I have so many other bits and bobs to use up first haha. That T-zone face wash sounds gorgeous too, I’ve heard such amazing things about products from that brand! It’s deffo time I picked some up.

• November 20, 2017 / 5:33 pm

It’s amazing isn’t it?! I can imagine when it’s hot it’s gonna feel so refreshing haha. I’d definitely recommend giving them both a go when you next do a skincare shop x

4. Corinne and Kirsty
    November 20, 2017 / 5:33 pm

My skincare routine is close to non-existent. I have the same garnier micellar water and loving it xx corinne

5. November 20, 2017 / 5:37 pm

This is such a fab post, im always on the look out for new skincare products and the price of these is amazing. I love a lot of the simple products!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

6. November 20, 2017 / 5:44 pm

I love this garnier micellar water, I basically recommend only this one. I have one from Lirene, and ugh the worst ones. I love black masks, and my skin is so delicate after this. Enjoyed this post! littlewritingworld.wordpress.com

• November 27, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I don’t see me ever steering from Garnier, it just does the job so well! x

7. November 20, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Great post and bargain all of this for £15 I love Vitamin E night cream it’s the best!

8. November 20, 2017 / 7:15 pm

I need to work on my skin care routine! I never do it! I literally take my makeup off with garner micellar water and then thats about it, I moisturise every morning, and occasionally I will properly cleanse my face, but thats about it! I always thought skincare was so expensive but this has inspired me to go to super drug and buy some stuff to give it a go!

Ciara | http://www.teatimewithciara.com

• November 27, 2017 / 4:15 pm

Picking up a skincare routine was so beneficial for me, my skin just feels so much fresher now! Treat yourself x

9. November 20, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I love a beauty on a budget post. I tried my first charcoal face mask last night but it was a peel off one. I went off the mud face masks because it took forever to was off, a peel off is so much more satisfying to take off. I have been using garnier micellar cleansing water since January to remove makeup and I love it.
    Lois x

• November 27, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Yeah I must admit a peel-off mask is a lot better as I hate washing them off too. Garnier water is just wonderful! x

10. November 21, 2017 / 6:29 am

i remember when i first discovered micellar water, i actually turned to my boyfriend like “OMG IT CAME OFF IN ONE GO WHAT THE £(%&£$(%&£($^$£!!!”. cannt believe i used make up wipes for so long, theyre useless!

these are some seriously good finds alice! i do always think high end products are probably not much different to ones you can get on the high street – your just paying for a brand!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com ♥

• November 27, 2017 / 4:17 pm

I was literally the same, wipes really are useless in comparison to how easily micellar water makes it! Completely agree with you xx

November 21, 2017 / 6:05 pm

I love micellar water, it’s my favourite makeup removal product! It lasts for ages so it’s a good investment, especially if it was on offer. I’ve heard many good things about T-Zone products but never used them myself. Maybe I should give it a go!

• November 27, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Snap! So much easier than using wipes. You should, they’re so worth it! x

November 21, 2017 / 10:02 pm

This is amazing, I love a good skin care routine and I love a bargain so this is right up my street! I really love 7thheaven face mask- they’re so good and really underrated in my opinion xx

• November 27, 2017 / 4:19 pm

They’re amazing! The perfect addition to a good pamper session xx

13. November 22, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Thats such a great price and for a skincare routine too! I think whether its high end or drugstore doesn’t matter as long as it gets all the grime off my face

• November 27, 2017 / 4:20 pm

I feel like I really got some good bargains! Exactly girl x

14. November 23, 2017 / 11:34 am

I swear by my Micellar Water, and I recently purchased the Gel Wash that goes with it, which I would definitely recommend?! 🙊 I’m also a big fan of the Simple range, as it’s one of very few that doesn’t bring me out too much in a rash.. 😩

• November 27, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Ooh I’ve not tried the gel wash, I’ll bare that in mind next time I do my skincare shop! x

15. November 25, 2017 / 11:55 pm

I have only heard good things about the Vitamin E range, i will dfinately be giving the face mist a try – when I have ran out of my current one!
    The 7th heaven face masks are now a favourite of mine, I have been really enjoying them at the moment! After the Blogger Festival I’m in love😍

• November 27, 2017 / 4:13 pm

It’s an amazing range! Yesss, was so happy when we were given loads of them x

November 30, 2017 / 8:26 pm

I really want to try the T-Zone Charcoal and Bamboo products! They sound absolutely amazing. The Garnier Micellar Water is so amazing, I’ve tried quite a few different ones but none of them beat it! Simple is one of my favourite skincare brands as well, for some reason it wasn’t available in Finland for the longest time but it’s now back and I’m so happy about it :)x

• December 1, 2017 / 9:11 am

It really does seem to be the best around! Ooh well I’m glad that it’s back and hopefully there to stay this time, haha x

17. December 3, 2017 / 4:38 am

I have a charcoal face wash as well and I love it! Maybe I’ll try this one next!