All Things Astrology

I’m sure a lot of us have read our horoscope predictions in the little sections in magazines – some of them can be spookily accurate! I’ve been reading up about Zodiac signs recently and I thought it would be interesting to analyse some typical traits of my own star sign to see whether it proves accurate to my personality. I have found that a lot of these magazine predictions seem to be very broad and could apply to anyone so I wanted to delve into some of the more in depth descriptions. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who follows astrology or horoscopes, this post is just a bit of fun to discover more about my star sign.

I was born on February 11th which makes me an Aquarius. I’m going to be using a website called Building Beautiful Souls; this website provides in depth descriptions for every star sign as well as more information on things like Chinese horoscopes, finding out what dreams mean, healing crystals and Tarot cards. If you have an interest in reading up on things like this, it’s a great website for it. I’ve never really looked too much into spirituality but I’ve had so much fun browsing this website. I’m going to pick out some key points about my star sign and discuss how accurate I’ve found it to be.

“Those born under the Aquarius sign are the consummate forward thinking dreamers and doers.”

The main trait as an Aquarius is that you’re set out to live your biggest dreams. I’ve definitely always been one to have a lot of dreams in my head but in the past I’ve suffered with a lack of motivation to really set out and achieve them. I’ve always been a dreamer but not often a doer. I do think that I’m becoming more of a doer though as I’ve always wanted a hobby to really sink my teeth into and I’ve found this through blogging. I also want to get back into performing so I’m looking to audition with theatre companies to try and get that ball rolling. So yes, I would agree that to an extent this applies to me but I try to be realistic as well because it’s not easy to just grasp a hold of everything you dream of doing – it takes hard work!

“Once the dawning of an opinion forms it remains firm FOREVER.”

I think this one depends on the opinion. With some things I’m completely set in my mind and quite stubborn in sticking to it. With other things, I’m more open to listening to how other people see it and considering other options. I tend to weigh out the different sides of things and then make my own mind up but once I’ve done that, I do really stick to it because of how much I’ve thought it out. In this section on the website it also explains that Aquarius’ don’t like to harm other peoples’ beliefs which is really true, I’m always conscious about offending people and I respect that not everyone has the same opinion as me.

“This star sign often stays to themselves and, because of this, comes off as aloof.”

I wouldn’t say this really applies to me because although I can be shy and a little reluctant to talk to people, I don’t think I’m ever unfriendly about it. If I don’t like somebody I can be quite stand-offish but other than that, I think I’m quite welcoming. In the blogging world I love to communicate and become friends with loads of people so in that sense I’m the complete opposite.

“Many born under the Aquarius sign are tall and lean. Often they sport a thick head of lovely dark hair.”

This is the absolute polar opposite to me haha, I’m 5ft 2 and I’d say I’m definitely not lean either. I’m a lot more on the curvier side. The hair is true though, my hair is naturally mousey brown, thick and grows really fast as well.

“This is not the kid who turns up a sour nose at trying calamari, snails or other odd foods.”

This definitely applies to me because I’ve always been really open to trying new foods. I’m really interested in trying out different delicacies and I don’t turn my nose up at anything unless I’ve tried it and hated it.

“9-5 drudgery isn’t really in your cards either. Freelancing is more apt (pyjamas and coffee while telecommuting – here you come).”

This one is pretty fitting because although I’m working a 9-5 job currently (well, 9-5:45), it’s the dream to be able to do full-time blogging. Pyjamas and coffee sounds perfect to me, two of my favourite things. Although, I wouldn’t want to be stuck in the house constantly because I’d go a bit mad so if there was an element of travelling in there as well then that’d be really cool.

“As you get to know your Aquarian keep it entertaining. Don’t barrage with 101 questions about favourite colours and foods.”

I totally disagree with this one! One of my favourite things is actually to know little things about people like this and ask random questions. I love reading tags that people do answering questions and I also love doing surveys and stuff as well that ask loads of questions, I just think it’s really fun.

So those are just some of the things I picked out from my star sign analysis but they’re all SO in depth and full of information. Go and check your star sign out and see how accurate (or inaccurate) yours is! Let me know what results you find in the comments below.

1. October 18, 2017 / 9:26 am

I’m not really a believer in all the star sign stuff but I do tend to have a little read of mine in the Metro if I get bored haha, it is quite odd though as me and mum are Geminis and we’re like two peas in a pod and they said that Geminis come in twos!

• October 18, 2017 / 12:11 pm

I usually end up reading the ones on Snapchat stories out of curiosity haha. That’s pretty cool! xx

October 18, 2017 / 2:27 pm

A very interesting post! My sister is an Aquarius as well. I don’t really believe in horoscopes and star signs but it’s sometimes fun to read about my own star sign and horoscope. I love your Blogtober posts <3

3. October 19, 2017 / 3:44 pm

I’m a Virgo, and I tend to find that it matches me pretty well! I rarely check my horoscope, because I always get a little freaked out when it matches my life perfectly.. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

4. October 19, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Love this post! I’m a cancer and mine is so accurate but I don’t tend to go by it much as I don’t wanna get my hopes up, especially when it says I’m going to meet the love of my life tomorrow etc. haha 😂

Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

• October 20, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Yeah they can be so misleading! Definitely wouldn’t get my hopes up too much, some of them have said I’m going to win big money – still waiting on that one haha x

5. October 20, 2017 / 11:31 am

I am a Capricorn it used to interest me to know the qualities of a Capricorn. I don’t believe in horoscope as you said everything mentioned is so broad that it will fit everyone. 🙂 Great post!

6. October 20, 2017 / 7:41 pm

I don’t really listen to what my zodiac says about me, I’ve never been into anything like that! Some of it yes I agree with, then others I’m like, that’s really not me!! I’m a Sagittarius, I’ve never really agreed with it!!

• October 29, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I’m exactly the same, I think some stuff is pretty accurate but it seems to be generalised x

October 20, 2017 / 10:45 pm

OOh how interesting, I’ve never really looked into my star sign but I think I will now! I love the tall and lean haha theres no way everyone born in that month will be tall and lean!? Normally they go broad so it will fit everyone!
    Loved this post hun! Also really love your blog <3

Emily-www.isobellejane.com

• October 29, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Hahaha, definitely not me! That one did make me giggle at how far off the truth it is. Thank you so much, that means such a lot! xx

8. October 21, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Sometimes I believe star signs are true reflections and then again some times I don’t. I will definitely look into mine and see if it reflects me currently as this was such an interesting post! x

• October 23, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Yeah some things can be weirdly accurate and other things are so far off the truth it’s funny! Definitely should have a look, I found it so interesting x

9. October 24, 2017 / 4:53 pm

I like to read my horoscope – mostly to laugh at it though!

10. October 25, 2017 / 7:04 pm

I am so checking this out! I am obsessed with things like horoscopes ! I think I’m pretty similar to my cancer sign but I love reading these kinds of things

11. October 29, 2017 / 10:05 am

I’m Aquarius too 😀 I really don’t believe in these, but I do find them funny and interesting to read. Sometimes they’re a hit, sometimes a complete miss.. 🙂

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• October 29, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Exactly! They are super interesting, I spent ages browsing on the website x

October 29, 2017 / 10:09 pm

I love astrology although I don’t really know that much about it other than the traits of my own horoscope and the names of others! I looked through the website and I’d say that most Cancer things apply to me although it’s not completely accurate :)x

13. October 30, 2017 / 6:17 pm

I love to read my horoscopes but I’m in the cusp of cancer and Leo so it means reading 2 sometimes I’m more Leo than cancer but then the beach is my happy place and I love the sea. So as much as i believe them o feel like you sit and look for things to compare them too, try reading one either side and see what you feel suits you more or if your still unsure

• November 3, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Yeah definitely, I think some points can be so accurate but others are way off but either way it’s interesting to read up on it x

November 2, 2017 / 8:19 pm

This is real interesting! I really want to read into my star sign, but I struggle to believe anything it says about me haha xx

• November 3, 2017 / 5:20 pm

I’d do it even just to pass the time, I don’t really believe in it at all but it was still pretty interesting to read up on x