Anti-Haul #1: Stuff I Won’t Be Spending My £ On

Recently I’ve really been loving reading anti-hauls, every time I see that someone’s posted one I get a little bit excited. I have no idea why I like reading them so much but I figured I should do my very own one too! I’m a sucker for buying things I really don’t need and I’m always having to stop myself from spending money in the shops so if there’s something I’m put off buying, I’ve definitely got good reasoning. I want to do more anti-hauls in the future as well so let me know if you like them. These are the products I’ve turned my nose up at most recently.

Maybelline Tattoo Eyebrow Peel-Off Tint

I feel like a bit of a negative Nancy for including this product because so many people have been getting excited about it and singing its praises. The idea of this product is that you draw on your brows as normal, leave the product to set for 20 minutes and then peel off its top layer to give you eyebrows that are meant to last for 3 days. The main reason I won’t be buying this product is that I don’t like the idea of the commitment. What if I applied it but then woke up late the next day and didn’t have time to apply the rest of my make-up? My eyebrows would look really odd on my face. I also don’t like the idea that when I’ve done all of my skincare and I’m in bed, I’m still not technically make-up free. I love totally stripping my face of a night and feeling cleansed and bare but I don’t think it’d feel the same knowing I’ve still got my eyebrows on. This could be a really cool product if you’re on holiday or something and want your eyebrows to stay intact whilst swimming without having to waste time filling them in everyday. Other than that, I’m personally just not on board at all.

NY Professional Makeup ‘In Your Element’ Eyeshadow Palettes

I’m probably going to surprise some people by including my beloved NYX in an anti-haul but I just feel a little bit let down with the release of their newest palette range. Don’t get me wrong, the actual products are really not the problem. I was so excited for this launch, I thought the concept of an elements theme was an amazing idea. I’m absolutely in love with the look of all the palettes, especially the ‘fire’ palette pictured above as it’s exactly my kind of thing. The quality of NYX’s eyeshadows are always amazing, the pigmentation is incredible and they have such a wide range of choices. The thing that’s letting me down is the price tag. I’ve always loved NYX because they’re the one brand that consistently bring out products that are just as good as high-end brands except priced at a much more affordable value. That’s everything I could want in a make-up brand. However, these palettes have been released at £25 each which is £10 more than their usual pricing of palettes and I just can’t understand it. Considering that a Morphe palette is around the same price yet with way more colours in, I’d be way more likely to just buy another Morphe palette as it’s better value for money. I understand that NYX probably want to step up price-wise to match competing brands but people love them for their affordability so it’s a shame that they’re getting a little more expensive.

Kat Von D Beauty Saint + Sinner Eyeshadow Palette

The reason I’m including this palette is pretty much the same sort of reason as with the NYX palettes. £67 is getting a bit ridiculous for an eyeshadow palette in my opinion. When you bare in mind that much-loved high-end eyeshadow palettes such as ABH’s Modern Renaissance are usually priced at around the £40 mark, this is just something I wouldn’t pay out. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the look of this palette as well. It has some really great bright colours in, I’m loving my bright eyeshadows recently so it would’ve been a perfect addition to my collection. Unfortunately though, not everyone can afford to fork out £70 for a beauty product especially when there’s cheaper, amazing quality contenders out there.

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in ‘Trophy Wife’

I’m absolutely loving the look of almost all of the Fenty Beauty range, the foundation looks incredible and I basically need the Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer. There’s a lot of hype in general over Rihanna’s new beauty range but I’ve seen a lot of attention drawn towards this particular highlighter. It’s the only thing I’m not really understanding, I get that there’s this ‘popping highlighter’ trend but I just can’t see me being able to work a gold this bright, it’s literally blinding in the swatches I’ve seen. It probably doesn’t help that I don’t like yellow gold in general. There are some people that have managed to pull this off but I usually reach for lower key, pink-toned highlighters personally so I think this is just a bit too ‘out there’ for me. Props to anyone that’s completely working it, though.

KKW Beauty Crème Contour and Highlight Kit

I don’t pay attention to the Kardashians, I’ve never followed their lives and I’ve never been interested in buying their beauty products. They’re priced highly just because they’re Kardashian-endorsed which I find a bit ridiculous. I’ve heard a lot of negative things about this product in particular; I’ve read that it’s difficult to blend, the highlight is disappointing, it wipes off your foundation when you apply it and most of all, that dreaded bloody brush that comes with it just looks awful. Honestly, Rimmel do a contour stick for £6.99 and it’s one of the best products I’ve ever used, it blends like a dream so I’ll be sticking to that.

The Lush Halloween Collection

Lush, I am truly sorry for including you in an anti-haul but please bare with me, I have my reasons. When it comes to Halloween and Christmas, I’ll usually go mad over the Lush ranges and splurge my money because festive bath products are just wonderful. Some of the designs they’ve come up with this year are really cool. The reason I won’t be buying the Halloween range nor probably the Christmas range either is that it just gets far too expensive. When it’s about £5 for each bath bomb and then £10 upwards for things like shower gels, you can easily rinse your bank account in there. I’m trying to save my money and not spend it on unnecessary things and unfortunately, I have to label Lush as one of these things. I might treat myself to literally one thing per festive range (the Pumpkin bath bomb and obviously the Snow Fairy shower gel) but I definitely can’t go splurging anymore as it just gets silly. It’s definitely more for buying one product as a little self-care treat now and again rather than buying everything in sight. I still love you, Lush.

Cropped and Ripped Jumpers

I’m probably going to sound like a bit of a granny for this one but I just don’t understand jumpers that are cropped. Nor do I understand clothes with holes, rips and shreds all over them. I don’t like the way it looks for a start, it just looks like moths have been eating at your clothes or they’ve got caught in the tumble drier. The thing that doesn’t make sense the most though is when jumpers that are literally made for keeping you warm have got literal holes in and show off your belly. That’s just the opposite of what a jumper is meant to do. Give me a huge, thick, long, woolly jumper any day.

So those are the most recent products I won’t be spending my money on. As I said, I love reading a good anti-haul so if you’ve written any anti-haul posts please pop a link down below so I can have a read or just let me know about any products you’re not really loving at the moment! Thank you for reading as always, sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of moan.

1. October 12, 2017 / 4:08 pm

I agree with every single one of them haha Honestly, I wasn’t even thinking about getting any of these, but now, when I read the prices of some, I know for sure I won’t be getting them. Lush basically disappointed me, I don’t do brows, eyeshadows are way too expensive… And for the clothes with holes, I’m with you. The jumper you put here for example is just a big waste of money! ;D
    Love anti-haul posts 😀

xo Honey – blog Royal LifestyleTwitterInstagram

• October 12, 2017 / 5:42 pm

The prices are ridiculous aren’t they?! Haha I just don’t get it, why would you buy a jumper that’s meant to keep you warm but have a big draft going through it all day? Who knows. Thank you! x

2. October 12, 2017 / 5:33 pm

I loved reading this post and I agree with almost everything on here – although I do love a good ripped jumper (I’m sorry, I’m a big fat goth). You couldn’t be more right about the pricing with NYX, KVD and Lush! It is getting a bit ridiculous now how cheeky some companies are getting lol, as much as I love them I just can’t justify forking the money out! Other than Snow Fairy as I literally got some today, I will most likely be boycotting Lush this Christmas and sticking with my beloved Bomb Cosmetics, I’d love to see more of these posts!!

• October 12, 2017 / 5:41 pm

Haha, I wouldn’t expect any less from my fave goth 😉 I know! Everything is just stupid money nowadays. Yeah I’ll get Snow Fairy because it’s like my tradition haha but that’ll be it, gotta save the quids. Thank you! xx

3. October 12, 2017 / 7:04 pm

I’ve actually never come across one of these posts before but I love it! It’s such a different post to write and read, I definitely agree, I will admit I am one of those who just buys because… I have tried to reign myself in though! None of this stuff is on my list becaue I’m just not interested!

• October 12, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Yeah I wanna save to go to Japan next year so that’s my motivation! xx

4. October 13, 2017 / 4:13 pm

Love this post! And admire your courage for posting it – but i agree with some – I can admit I tend to buy some of these because of the hype and the brand and once your try it you are often left disappointment. You have inspired me to write a post like this 🙂

October 14, 2017 / 5:38 pm

I so agree with you on the Kardashians, their products are so overrated! If it wasn’t for their big following and people obsessed with looking like them, no one would even look at it twice. I loved reading this post, it was so much fun! You should write them more often.

• October 16, 2017 / 4:34 pm

So true!! Drives me mad haha. I don’t follow it at all. Thank you lovely xx

6. October 14, 2017 / 6:28 pm

ahh doing my eyebrows in the morning is one of those tasks i haaaaate so i’ve been crazy excited for that product haha, totally get what you mean though – if you have a total mare in the morning you’ll have wonky eyebrows for 3 days haha! i do wonder how well they’ll really stay on though, i sleep face down so i bet i’d wake up with brown smeared all over my forehead anyway lol.

loved the idea of this post, babe. really original – not seen an antihaul before!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com

• October 19, 2017 / 1:10 pm

I actually weirdly like doing them haha. Yeah I’ve heard they don’t last as long as they promise to and they dye your eyebrows a funny colour. Thank you! xx

7. October 15, 2017 / 12:07 pm

I do love a good anti haul! I’m so with you on the Fenton highlighter and will be including that in my next one! I just don’t think it would work on my pale skin! Also not a fan of the Kat Von d palette, great pics babe xx

8. Kayleigh Zara
    October 15, 2017 / 12:24 pm

I can totally agree with the kat Von d pallete that’s absolutely ridiculous money for what it is considering it’s a palette! The packaging is really lovely though

Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

9. October 15, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Haha honestly really agree with you on the makeup products. All of these have cheaper dupes so it’s really unnecessary to buy them at such a high price .

10. October 16, 2017 / 10:41 am

I’m so divided over the Tattoo Eyebrow Tint! I love the idea of it, because it would make my life so much easier, but the pressure of getting it exactly right the first time?! 😩 And I completely agree with the whole, cropped jumper thing.. I swear, if I find one more jumper or hoodie that I love this season, only to find that it’s cropped or holey or has something stupid cut out of it, I’m going to cry! 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• October 16, 2017 / 4:25 pm

So true, you’d be a bit lost if you messed up and were stuck like it! Haha for real, it’s hard to find a normal jumper nowadays x

11. October 16, 2017 / 12:55 pm

Haha, love this post! Totally agree with you on the cropped and ripped jumpers, its so annoying when you see a nice jumper and then you see that its been torn to shreds or is super super cropped! 🙈😂

Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

• October 16, 2017 / 4:24 pm

It really is! I saw a gorgeous one before and then turned it round and it had like no back, defo gonna freeze in that haha x

October 16, 2017 / 3:37 pm

The Maybelline Tattoo Brow seems like a great idea but I don’t think the product will actually be that good. I’ve tried quite a few of similar lip products and applying them is so messy and there’s barely any colour ones you take it off. Maybe it won’t be similar but I definitely need to see it in action first.

I was so disappointed with the NYX palettes as well! They look really nice but the price is too high for their products… xx

• October 16, 2017 / 4:16 pm

For me I just don’t really like the idea of permanent or semi-permanent make-up because then I’d feel like I’m not totally stripping my make-up off haha. But yeah good point, if it went wrong you’d be a bit stuck. I know, I don’t understand the sudden price jump! x

October 19, 2017 / 8:32 pm

This is such a good post and I really enjoyed reading it but I’m afraid I can’t agree with everything! I really love the look of trophy wife it’s a gorgeous highlight and I kind of need it in my life haha! Real jnteresting post though x

• October 20, 2017 / 1:13 pm

I’ll let you off 😉 We all like different things at the end of the day. I probably like some things that other people hate haha. Thank you lovely! x

14. October 20, 2017 / 11:19 am

Absolutely agree with you on all your views about each and every one. Maybelline brow tattoo no… fenty beauty golden highlighter I feel its too warm even for my medium skin tone. KKW never interested me. Yes NYX is getting way to pricey and that jumper oh dear hehehe love the post 🙂

15. October 21, 2017 / 3:34 pm

Didn’t realise how much I would like this type of post! I agree with 90% of this!! I personally wasn’t impressed with Lush’s halloween range, and kind of upset that I wasted money because of ~trends~ x

• October 21, 2017 / 5:47 pm

Snap! There’s things I don’t even use because they were so hyped but so disappointing in reality x

16. October 22, 2017 / 8:59 pm

I agree with the KKW products, they are so over priced for what they are! The NYX products do look amazing, I didn’t realise they were priced so high, something I won;t be purchasing either! I love reading these, I look forward to any more xo

• October 23, 2017 / 2:18 pm

I just think the high prices on things nowadays are crazy. Thank you! I definitely wanna write more in the future, was good to have a bit of a moan haha x

• October 25, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Me too, somethings are just way too overpriced!
        Me too, it’s nice to have a little moan every now and then, I just try not to be too negative on my page😅

17. October 27, 2017 / 5:44 pm

I totally agree with you on the KKW Contour Sticks, the Rimmel one’s have so much more product and are way cheaper, I love them!! Love a good anti-haul, I think I might have to do one myself soon!

• October 29, 2017 / 6:51 pm

They’re amazing aren’t they?! And so affordable. Ooh definitely, I’d love to read it x